[WANTED] Screwed and still looking....72 Dart Reverse Lights and 4bbl Throttle Rod

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon.marx

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Seems that I am one of the lucky ones that got burned by Mike440 / Justin....whatever.

So in light of that I still would like to find the parts that "those guys" had.

I am in need of a reverse light for my 72 Dart. The PN is 3478795 44124A 71051 4 82897 1388

I am also looking for a 4bbl throttle rod my kickdown linkage for a conversion from a 2bbl to an Edlebrock 1406.

Thanks for looking.....I have been and still am happy with FABO...damn the scammers....

And....I feel more like a dumbass for falling for it....damn.

sorry to hear you got burned by mike440,i wondered about him,he answered one of my wanted posts but never came up with any pictures or answered any of my pms regarding paypal.

I am also looking for a 4bbl throttle rod my kickdown linkage for a conversion from a 2bbl to an Edlebrock 1406.

When i converted a 318 from 2 bbl to 4 bbl, I made an extension for the bracket in a machine shop that I worked at the time. Then extending the rod to the carb is easy.

For the kickdown rod that goes to the carb, all you have to do is extend it a little bit (about 2"-3" roughly). I would just buy some 1/2" bar stock and some threaded rod that is the same as the throttle linkage rod. Then drill a hole all the way through the bar stock. Use about 2" length, and then tap it for the thread on the original rod, which should match the fine thread rod that you bought to extend it with. Then cut off some of the threaded rod and use the threaded bar stock as a double-ended nut, and now you have an extended throttle rod cheap and easy...

Sorry that you got taken by that scum bag....

Thanks for the information on the 2bbl throttle rod. That will save the $$$ and the hassle. I will give it a shot.....just want to be sure that I get the correct angle....

Seems that the 4bbl throttle rod is bent a bit more and makes for a straighter angle from the carb to the bracket.

Thanks again.....

When i converted a 318 from 2 bbl to 4 bbl, I made an extension for the bracket in a machine shop that I worked at the time. Then extending the rod to the carb is easy.

For the kickdown rod that goes to the carb, all you have to do is extend it a little bit (about 2"-3" roughly). I would just buy some 1/2" bar stock and some threaded rod that is the same as the throttle linkage rod. Then drill a hole all the way through the bar stock. Use about 2" length, and then tap it for the thread on the original rod, which should match the fine thread rod that you bought to extend it with. Then cut off some of the threaded rod and use the threaded bar stock as a double-ended nut, and now you have an extended throttle rod cheap and easy...

Not to "hijack" this thread, but I too am interested in how to modify the original kickdown rod. Does anyone have pictures and maybe some dimensions (angles and lengths)? It's not in the budget at this time to order the Lokar or Bouchillon kit (2 kids in college).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back