Seam filler

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
quick question from what I can tell
After replacing the full quarters on my dart sport the next best thing to fill the seam at the roof and tail light is "all metal ".
I truly have no chance of filling it with lead
Thanks

Pictures of your work ,would help Heavy... All Metal ,will definetly do it... Some people like Mar Glass from Marson products.. Be patient ,and wait.. You will get the answers,here....

Seam sealer at the drip rail. Duraglass- where roof meets sail panel, quarter meets the tail panel seam sealer where the quarter meets the filler panel

I'll get some pictures of where the sail panel meets the quarter
Here's where I'm at as of now

image.jpeg

is the duraglass different from the all
I'm guessing it's a fiberglass

Last edited:
SMC filler works extremely well too. Allows the panel to "flex" with the body and not crack like filler will do.

upload_2016-8-25_11-53-52.jpeg

Duraglass is a body putty like substance with fiberglass strands in it. It gets hard like a rock. I have used for many years & never had one crack on me. You can get it in long or short hair. Just make sure the surface is scuffed with no finer than 40 grit.

METALUX aluminum filler. goes on like bondo (2K) and files like lead and even looks like lead. You can feather it out too and it finishes well. It will not crack or separate. I've used it for years and can highly recommend it.

Slowly making progress
Thinking the allmetal or the duraglass
Will be used
Using a donar car for the full quarters
Might actually workout like I was hoping

image.jpeg

-
Back