Searching for a lost Cuda

-

Dirtyboy93

Reaction score
I'm from north Mid TN. Got referred here from another forum. I'm in search of a Cuda my dad owned. He passed away in 1990, and a year or so later, a family member lost it in a poker game in Nashville. I believe the car was a 69. It had a 340/ 4spd in it at the time. I dont have a vin# so I've been searching for a few years hoping someday I'll run into someone who has seen it or has it. It would mean the world to me to have this car. I don't care what shape it's in.
547898_10151061435881870_1884256724_n.jpg

Good luck with your search....we place a lot of meaning with our cars..

Try posting it on Moparts too. You need all the details that you can piece together. Was the junkyard pic how it was when you read got it, or when the family member lost it. The more information you have the more people are willing to help. Its tough without a VIN, but not impossible. Can you make out the plate? Thats a good start because it may tell you if the plate is still in use, maybe even what car its registered to. I'm searching for my old Swinger 340 myself, so I understand where you're coming from. A finders fee may help too.
The options may help identify it by the fender tag too. Looks no A/C (no sticker), single drivers mirror, wheel well trim,.
-It doesn't look like a Formula S, could Cuda 340 with "Cuda 340" stickers taken off possibly?
-T7 bronze (maybe T5)
-A01 light package
-M85 Bumper guards
Is that a tan vinyl roof possibly?

Assuming most whats seen is factory and on the fender tag, you've got a pretty unique car that could be fairly easy to identify by the fender tag alone.

I have sent a email to the music city mopar president. And I do know it was without a/c. I doubt it was originally a 340 car, as I remember him building it for the car. When I last saw the car, it was running and driving. It did have a homemade stop sign floor pan repair, done by the family member that lost it. The guy that lost it has a long history of drug use and being a general idiot. I have contacted him, but Creech and ching have a better memory. The plate number can be made out but its a Tn tag from the 80's. I appreciate you guys taking the time to look.

The best I can tell the tag # is AUE 911. Yes it did have a tan vinyl top. The color was a metallic brown. I believe also the passenger side door had some damage around the last time I seen it from a steering box failure.

The vinyl top, if factory, was code V1T saddle bronze as there was no Tan option. It is probably washed out. Black, white, green, and bronze were the only top color options.
The vinyl top, if it has been kept, is a very distinguishable feature to help you find it as they were pretty rare.

What color interior? bench or bucket seat? looks like tan buckets, but could be head rests from the pictures you have. They could also be seat covers as they are wrinkled around the head rests.

Bumper guards are another eye grab, but have normally been removed...

I found my old TB3 Challenger this way and I know of a couple people on here that have also found their old cars. The rarer the car the easier it is...

agreed, the vinyl is pretty rare as I have only seen a few fastbacks with it. Hopefully the vinyl has been kept if the car is still around. It is a surefire way to ID the car.

Have you looked to see what options the DMV has about finding information from the plate?
Your car could be found by the fender tag at this point, cause your options combo is really unique. That vinyl top is pretty rare and will probably be the thing that somebody would remember about it.

I doubt this is it, but who knows:
http://www.oldcaronline.com/1969-Plymouth-Barracuda-Eugene-Oregon-for-sale-ID178236.htm

A trip to the dmv is in the future. Soon

Yes it is. I've been in the Davidson Co office several times. They are very helpful....if you are nice and don't have an attitude. I got a title and registration for my truck last year. No known prior owner and it had not been titled or licensed since 1988. I was told multiple times by the uninformed that it was impossible. Here is the important part... wait until the middle of the month and don't go on a Friday. 2nd listen and ask the right questions. Tell them your story and if you get the you can't do that speech. Ask nicely again...who you need to talk to to get this done or what form is needed to get it done. The tag in the pix is looks the early around 1978-1983. If the first digit was a number then is designated the County. Unfortunately, no tag or vin, it is going to be tough. Good luck with the hunt.

The vinyl top, if factory, was code V1T saddle bronze as there was no Tan option. It is probably washed out. Black, white, green, and bronze were the only top color options.
The vinyl top, if it has been kept, is a very distinguishable feature to help you find it as they were pretty rare.

Nice car, agree vinyl top on a fastback is very rare, first time option in '69 for fastbacks!!!!

V1T is TAN, not saddle bronze. I have a '69 BB 4spd notch that's T5 with TAN vinyl top.
Your Dad's car looks more like T7 paint? (saddle bronze metallic, darker than T5)
Good luck in your search, i'll keep eyes and ears open!!!!!! Just last fall I sold a very rare (1 of sixty eight) '69 'cuda 340 4spd notch back to the original ordering owner!!!! The whole search and find was on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=235012

The options may help identify it by the fender tag too. Looks no A/C (no sticker), single drivers mirror, wheel well trim,.
-It doesn't look like a Formula S, could Cuda 340 with "Cuda 340" stickers taken off possibly?

Definitely NOT 'cuda package as there couldn't possibly be a sport stripe OR accent stripe. All 'cuda package cars are V78(accent stripe DELETE).

This is very likely a 318 or /6 car as there is NO 340 in the sport stripe. My MODTOP survivor has the standard sport stripe with 318. I have seen several standard sport stripe cars, but they are RARE!

Yes it is. I've been in the Davidson Co office several times. They are very helpful....if you are nice and don't have an attitude. I got a title and registration for my truck last year. No known prior owner and it had not been titled or licensed since 1988. I was told multiple times by the uninformed that it was impossible. Here is the important part... wait until the middle of the month and don't go on a Friday. 2nd listen and ask the right questions. Tell them your story and if you get the you can't do that speech. Ask nicely again...who you need to talk to to get this done or what form is needed to get it done. The tag in the pix is looks the early around 1978-1983. If the first digit was a number then is designated the County. Unfortunately, no tag or vin, it is going to be tough. Good luck with the hunt.
So you live in the area? And you've been in the Davidson county office. That makes me feel better. Time to get down there is what im needing. But it is gonna happen soon. My dad had several old mopars. I knew where a 68 formula s was until a few years ago. It sat in a guys yard in Springfield. I tried on numerous occasions knocked on his door, called his house. He avoided me like the plague. He would not come to the door even when he was at home. That car was a 318. It was blue with black interior. I have less info about it, and realized when I started searching hard that it is now gone somewhere too. But its been moved in the last 3 years. He had a old blue truck. 67-69 model slant six three speed long bed. I believe it sat in Springfield years ago at the utility dept. All of his cars/ trucks got away after he passed. I really would like to find one or two, especially the brown one in this post. It was his favorite. Restoring and enjoying it with my kids now would be awesome

-
Back