searching for correct piston pin c clip retainer for old sealed power piston

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
i’m trying to figure out where to buy the correct piston pin c clip retainers for my stock style late 80’s Sealed power 2369p pistons with floating pin. One of my clips is bent so i’d like at least one but would prefer to replace all of them.
I’ve searched online and this forum and the ones i’ve seen suggested are not the same size as the ones in my pistons.

IMG_4872.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

IMG_4870.jpeg

Thanks for the reply’s . I got lucky with google searching . I guess 340’s use the same c clip retainer as big block chevy’s. tried them out and they fit perfectly.

IMG_4881.jpeg

IMG_4882.jpeg

IMG_4883.jpeg

Thanks for the reply’s . I got lucky with google searching . I guess 340’s use the same c clip retainer as big block chevy’s. tried them out and they fit perfectly.
Might want to install those locks with the sharp edge facing out.

Might want to install those locks with the sharp edge facing out.
thanks for pointing that out , didn’t notice there was a difference in sides. everything is getting disassembled cleaned and lubed before it gets reinstalled in engine anyways.

thanks for pointing that out , didn’t notice there was a difference in sides. everything is getting disassembled cleaned and lubed before it gets reinstalled in engine anyways.
I finally pulled an NOS piston out and measured one of the pin retainers. Same as what you measured. Glad you got it sorted out. Best of luck.

-
Back