Seat Belt Bolts

-

SWETPT

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to remove seat belt bolt that have been in for 43 years . I would like to replace the rear belts but the bolts will not give, i'm affraid if l crank on them too hard they will break.

No idea other then pure muscle. If you do break them, there is a guy who sells the bolts at swap meets during the summer. I bought some from him at the Waterdown show. Where are you located in Ontario?

Thats fine, but if they break the top comes off, how do get the threaded part out of the hole. These are strong metal and drilling is just about imposable.

I love my AeroKroil.. clean up the underside, spray em good, then brute force. They are strong bolts, have never broken one yet.

Locate the bolts on the underside of the floorpan where they go thru, and clean all of the undercoating off the end of the threads. Then soak them down real good with WD-40 or Marvel Mystery Oil. Using a 1/2" breaker bar, try loosening them up a little bit at a time. If they won't loosen, reverse the direction and try to tighten them, you may feel the threads start to turn a little bit. Spray it down again with the WD-40 and keep working the bolt back and forth, loosening, then tightening, then spray some more until it will unscrew all the way out. When the undercoating gets in the bolt threads is when they get real hard to unscrew out.

-
Back