Seat Belt Mounting Bolts

-

stormin

Reaction score
What type of bolt is used to mount the shoulder belts? I found the mounting point in my 68 Barracuda FB and want to install some shoulder belts.

I'm guessing the same type used to mount the belts on the floor. If I can remember it tomorrow I'll check my '69 notchback parts car and let you know for sure. I've owned it for 3 or 4 years and just noticed last week it had the shoulder belts!
Dallas

I figured they might be the same diameter and thread type but the length might be different since there is not the same amount of room in the roof rail. I might be wrong. Thanks for checking.

I'm guessing the same type used to mount the belts on the floor. If I can remember it tomorrow I'll check my '69 notchback parts car and let you know for sure. I've owned it for 3 or 4 years and just noticed last week it had the shoulder belts!
Dallas
Wow is that rare.

Took a bolt out and measured it today. Looks like a regular seat belt bolt. It's 1 1/2" long total with non-threaded shoulder just under the head that's about 3/8" long. The threaded portion is over 1/2" long and the tip is about 1/4" long and doesn't have threads.
Dallas

Took a bolt out and measured it today. Looks like a regular seat belt bolt. It's 1 1/2" long total with non-threaded shoulder just under the head that's about 3/8" long. The threaded portion is over 1/2" long and the tip is about 1/4" long and doesn't have threads.
Dallas

MOBodyman that is what I was looking for, thank you.

-
Back