Seat belt orientation

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Have you ever had that seat belt that you had to twist to get to orient correctly so you could latch it? This is a picture I found while perusing the FSM for 68 Dodges. Look at the upper left and lower right pictures, I never knew the belts crossed the tunnel on non-console cars.? Explains a couple things for me.:read2:

scan.jpg

Wow, thanks for that info! I would never have guessed that ma mopar would have done it that way...My 69 Dart has the buckets. I am trying to find belts with the shoulder belts stitched onto the lap belts, I can't imagine them crossing over, tho.

If I got the fcm for 69 it should have this, I would think.
Does anybody have one they would sell me (FSM) or can I buy direct, not Thru EBAY?

3202927978018080_1.jpg

Wow, thanks for that info! I would never have guessed that ma mopar would have done it that way...My 69 Dart has the buckets. I am trying to find belts with the shoulder belts stitched onto the lap belts, I can't imagine them crossing over, tho.

If I got the fcm for 69 it should have this, I would think.
Does anybody have one they would sell me (FSM) or can I buy direct, not Thru EBAY?

Yeah, I was surprised when I found it in print. For a service manual check out these guys, they have high quality reproductions and prompt service. http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/default.cfm

In 64 they tell you to buckle that way in the owners manual.

1badgts, If you want to sell the shoulder/lap belts from yours let me know. I want to put the non retractor 2 belt system in my 75 dart.

Twist it everyday, man I'm stupid.

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing. Wonder why they did that?
I would think there`s more strength with the belt pulling away from the head of the bolt versus pulling against the head.
Thats a new one on me!
30 years around these cars and I hadn't noticed that.
Good job diggn that out.
Yeah I was surprised to find it.
Longone, thanks for the website info! This is exactly what I needed.
Kim.
You`re welcome,I`ve bought two manuals from Faxon. Very good quality reprints. I bought one from another company and it was of lesser quality, thumbprints and all, poor preparation.
Twist it everyday, man I'm stupid.
You`re not alone there brother. I`ve even removed belts , marked them ,and then when it was time to put them back , flip them around knowing it wasn`t right but .........to make them work the way I thought they should. Lol!:-D

That was the way how I used the belts in my convert.
Never really thought about it just seemed natural.

-
Back