Seat belt torx bit

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Im taking out my seat belts to patch floor. I need to know what size torx bit takes the bolt out. I have no torx bits to gauge the size I need thougt someone could help me.

The spot im references too is where the seat belt in front bolts to the floor pan on the door sides.

:read2:It seems to me I have used a 3/8 extension to remove them before
Or was it 1/4 or 1/2"

3/8 extention? Dont they remove with a torx bit? I looked inside there and it definately is a torx head.
Yes they are Torx bolts, It seems like I used and extension in my truck because I did not have any torx pits ether 8)

The right size allen wrench will also suffice without damaging them. I forget which, but it's either a T45 or T50. I think. LOL

If they are rusty, start spraying them with Blaster or the equivalent. The size should be T50 but a T55 bit fits better, and you might buy one with a lifetime warranty, you will break the cheap ones. I bought a T55 from Snapon and broke it too. At least I can exchange it.

If they are rusty, start spraying them with Blaster or the equivalent. The size should be T50 but a T55 bit fits better, and you might buy one with a lifetime warranty, you will break the cheap ones. I bought a T55 from Snapon and broke it too. At least I can exchange it.
yep. Hose 'em down! I have a bunch of Chinese ones and have used them so many times and have yet to break one. I had a Craftsman and broke it in a week:toothy10:. try a T45, thats what mine took.

-
Back