seat belts and seat covers..good guy alert

-

tom340

Reaction score
Before you spend your hard earned money with one of the soul-less vendors out there or spend $400.00 for used seat belts on Ebag consider this guy. On Ebag someone always needs the parts more than I do so I just give up. I came across this website-the guy is a MoPar enthusiast and a real honest good person. His website is still under construction so it was a "shot in the dark phonecall" I placed to him just to see if he made seatbelts for A body cars. He has a huge supply of NOS webbing for seat belts, all colors, he is also certified and his seatbelts do not come with a safety disclaimer like the repops from B/E&A. Basically his belts are not a novelty item. And he will save you hundreds of $$ vs. the $$nakeoyl company.
Heres a link www.upholsterymodsandmore.com . His name is Bill, you can reach him at 931-680-1167. Bill knows his MoPars, he also makes up seat covers.

Placed an order. He ships 2nd day at no cost to you. I now have the correct seat belts for '70 a body w/bucket seats and optional shoulder harness. The belts also have the correct Chrysler tags and retractors. hardware included. Cost for this was $250.00 for both bucket seat belt kits complete.
I've seen rusted up used faded crap sold on Ebay for much higher than what Bill charges.

PG Classic has complete front and rear sets that include everything in pretty much any color for any car for $375-$425. They even have the tan A Body belts I have been looking for for over 20 years. I don't know if the have the date code tags but the order numbers are date-specific. A couple of people here have said good things about them. Most of the belts are not on their site yet but they have a ton of auctions up on ebay.

http://www.pgclassic.com/

Here is the elusive set for my car:

Belts.jpg

Peter is actually a good guy, some people have complained about the lady that picks up the phone sometimes. As for vendors, P&G is OK by me.
_ His seatbelts are the same as what B/E &A are selling. The issue is if you dont need a complete set front to back like most of us you wont find a vendor that will say "sure we'll sell you the right front bucket seat belts only for $110." You need to pay for the round trip up front. A phone call to Bill provides you with personal one on one-he'll make up what you want and Email you a pic to be sure it meets your criteria. And his prices are better than the bigger more commercialized vendors.

Peter is actually a good guy, some people have complained about the lady that picks up the phone sometimes. As for vendors, P&G is OK by me.
_ His seatbelts are the same as what B/E &A are selling. The issue is if you dont need a complete set front to back like most of us you wont find a vendor that will say "sure we'll sell you the right front bucket seat belts only for $110." You need to pay for the round trip up front. A phone call to Bill provides you with personal one on one-he'll make up what you want and Email you a pic to be sure it meets your criteria. And his prices are better than the bigger more commercialized vendors.
I talked to Bill today. I think I am going to go with him. It just sounds like he has a much better product that is more correct so the extra cost is justified in my book. Thanks for posting his info.

I bought the set from PG, good quality and look great.
Unfortunately no tags and they have a disclaimer in the box.
Other then that they work great and look original.

I bought the set from PG, good quality and look great.
Unfortunately no tags and they have a disclaimer in the box.
Other then that they work great and look original.
Thanks for the input. What does the disclaimer say? Something like "if they break and you die it isn't our fault. You shouldn't have been using them as seatbelts anyway".

Yeah, pretty close something like, "for static display only"
No DOT or CSA approvals either, I doubt any of the others would have as well.
Can you imagine the testing costs to get them approved!
Anyway, they are a nice quality product and I'd trust the webbing and stitching on these new ones more than belts that are 40 years old, the stitching on my originals just fell apart.

Before you spend your hard earned money with one of the soul-less vendors out there or spend $400.00 for used seat belts on Ebag consider this guy. On Ebag someone always needs the parts more than I do so I just give up. I came across this website-the guy is a MoPar enthusiast and a real honest good person. His website is still under construction so it was a "shot in the dark phonecall" I placed to him just to see if he made seatbelts for A body cars. He has a huge supply of NOS webbing for seat belts, all colors, he is also certified and his seatbelts do not come with a safety disclaimer like the repops from B/E&A. Basically his belts are not a novelty item. And he will save you hundreds of $$ vs. the $$nakeoyl company.
Heres a link www.upholsterymodsandmore.com . His name is Bill, you can reach him at 931-680-1167. Bill knows his MoPars, he also makes up seat covers.

Good call, nice to see an honest little guy making a good name for himself:cheers:in a world full of scammers and rip offs.

-
Back