Seat belts

-

Big Denny

Reaction score
I have a 75 Duster with bucket seats and center console that, that needs seat belts. Does anyone know what years the seat belts will inerchange with each other?
. Thanks Den

what exactly do you need? do you need the front buckels? or do you need the the rectractors?...

I need all the front parts, unforantley unfortunately one of previous owners cut or removed them. Den

well these parts are not that easy to find, as you will see. i have just finished with mine so i do know about the hassel. first off i will say this. 1975 i do believe had a front rectractor that is built into the backseat sail panel near the door at bottom. if it is not setup like this then i can tell you that any 4 door or 2 door a-body from 1975 has the same rectractors as a bucket seat car. you can get a front rectractor set from there. remember the rectractors have wires on them for the warninng system so don't forget to get everything. the hard part is the front buckels! the bench seat cars have a different style front buckel set than a bucket seat car has. front bucket seat a-body cars from the 70's are not too easy to find in junkyards. then if you find any, the seatbelts are usally in bad shape. i don't know how picky you are but if the correct year is important then that also makes it harded still. the seatbelts are date coded on the strap part near the bottom, when they are pulled out. i looked on ebay for awhile for a set. they popup now and again. they are not cheap though. i finally found a front buckel set in a junkyard and sent them to ssnake-oyl to be restored. they look almost new now.....

this is how a 1975 duster front rectractor setup will look. the yellow outlined section is what you will need. you can see how the shoulder harness section goes down into the back near the bottom of the floor near the door edge......

Snap1.jpg

Thanks for the photo, I'll need all the parts and there built in the sail panel. Den

-
Back