Seat Foam Repacement

-

parishpbs

Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has ever used the Legendary seat foam, and the degree of difficulty?

I replaced both front buckets and rear bench covers successfully, but now the bucket foam is starting to dry up and fall out the bottom. there catalog suggests professional help?

This is on a 67 Dart. The tracks and springs are in goo shap.

I have only used upholstery from Legendary but it was hands down beautiful! I have never read, nor heard a bad thing about them. I know plenty of people that use there foam and covers and no problems. Legendary is a TOP notch company, and I would purchase anything I need from them.

I just bought seat covers and foam for my 68. According to the instructions, there is a back piece that needs to be glued on. Then, there is some cloth that needs to be cut into many different pieces. That cloth is then glued to the foam in certain areas.

As soon as my seat frames get done at the powder coaters, everything is going to the upholstery shop.

Have not seen the 67 foam Legendary offers but the 68/69 foam when used for the standard seat covers requires a lot of finessing. When used with the deluxe covers they only require minor to no modifications.

If i had it to do all over I would use the Legendary covers and foam from PGclassics as their foam is dead on.

The Legendary foam says it requires some extra bolstering to work...they sell separate bolster pads. However, my original foam matches the Legendary foam. There was no extra material that came out of the seats that the Legendary foam doesn't have.

What's the difference between the "standard" and "deluxe" covers?

The Legendary foam says it requires some extra bolstering to work...they sell separate bolster pads. However, my original foam matches the Legendary foam. There was no extra material that came out of the seats that the Legendary foam doesn't have.

What's the difference between the "standard" and "deluxe" covers?

These are not mine but samples from the web. Standard first and deluxe second 68/69. Notice how flat the deluxe covers are and the pleate seams are different. The third pic is the Legendary Foam I used for my standard covers. After test fitting I found I had to add foam in the Bolster area of both the bottom and top foam for the covers to fit good without wrinkles. The second pic is the foam from pgclassics and is a perfect match for the standard covers. I have seen and felt these and the bolsters are full and the foam is already cut at the seams and has the slits for hog rings for the pleate rods. Legendary has the "Best" covers and door panels by far but they need to produce foam for specific applications.

68 seat covers in a 69 barracuda but look at the bolsters.

Great pictures...thanks for the explanation. My Dart has the deluxe seats so it looks like I lucked out.

Thanks guys. I agree the covers are great and fit nice, until the old foam started falling out. Maybe Santa will bring them

-
Back