seat foam?

-

unknownsnake

Reaction score
would you say this foam is bad or workable?

Attachments

• Delhi-20120505-00398.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Delhi-20120505-00399.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 190
You could work with it. You will need more foam, preferably an electric carving knife and some rubber cement or spray glue.

That is, as long as it isn't turning to powder.

Looks like it is getting brittle. You can band-aid it now and get a couple of more years out of it before they'll have to come out. Once you see foam powder on the floor boards, they're done for. New foam will make the seats feel better, not like a stool with a vinyl cover on it.

Hey snake I got my seat foam off of eBay from a guy that goes by mcp-313 and he is right here in New Baltimore Mich. He has some nice seat foam mine came out great. He has some duster,deamon seat foam on there right now for $115.00 per side and free shipping. Just type in duster seat foam under vintage car and truck parts and go down to his ad and see if that will work for you.
Bob

well i dont see any and after looking at seat backs i dont see how its possible to even replace just the foam

That seat foam for early seats is fine as long as the springs are part of the frame. That foam looks to be 73 on up which the foam sold won't have inturnal springs molded in and that is the problem recovering later seats. High back seats they only have buns for 70/71 and later ones you are out of luck.

ya this car is biting me every time I turn around I will have to check with a interior shop and hope for best

-
Back