Seat measurements needed

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm putting bucket seats in my 74 Duster that originally came with a bench. I have tried to locate them (the best I could) by eye balling the original locations, but when I FINALLY got my steering column installed, the steering wheel is literally in my lap.

Could someone measure the distance between the firewall and the front mounting bolt for me? I'm sure if I get it close I can fab some new brackets.

Thanks

Jon

original style bucket seats with original style rails or aftermarket everything? There should be divots on the floor where the factory would have drilled out and mounted buckets if they had been original options. FYI they do end up placing the steering wheel much closer to your chest than modern cars and the large diameter steering wheel can make it feel like its in your lap. When I put my buckets in I mounted my rails to the floor in the factory locations but moved the actual seat back about 2 inches and my sliders are adjusted all the way back and I still feel closer to the wheel than on any modern vehicle but its driveable.
Pictures of what you have can help

I just did this on my 74 Duster and forget the bench seat holes. There are dimples for the bucket tracks and they are in from the bench seat hole. You'll see 4 dimples for where you drill to get it to fit right.

-
Back