seat modification for drag racing

-

lilredridinghoo

Reaction score
dont know where to post this question... so i put it in here...

i´m just about taking my fish this year to drag racing the first time here in Germany, just to get an idea what that car will be able to run...

regarding to the offic. rules here, non locking folding bucket seats will be not allowed, so i have to modify the drivers seat in that way.

has someone done a modification like this before on his early bucket seat ?

any proposal/idea is welcome/appreciated

cheers
Timo

Buy two flat L shaped brackets, bolt them to the back of the seat and the lower frame of the seat, that would eliminate the folding part of the seat. It'd be a shame if you have nice seats to do that though.

I think they want you to get those fiberglass one piece bucket seats though, and mount it directly to the floor. I've just done track racing, not drag racing.

I am getting ready to do some auto cross and I am going to just make a bracket to bolt into the stock location so when I race I just pull the seats and bolt my racing seat in.

Might not be super popular, but didn't Mustang seat lock? Get one of those and recover it with your covers.

the seat backs bolt on with a bolt on either side. couldnt you just run a weld on the seat frame with the bolts still in. i know on mine you can get to it. you could even just tack weld em so if you want to go back later you can. not sure if tech would allow it but worth a try. a weld has to be stronger than some small metal clip that would have been factory installed on a seat back.

-
Back