seat removal

-

camd64

Remember Landy
Reaction score
this might be something obvious that I am missing but how do you get the back seat out? I have a 64 Dart 2dr. and am removing the old carpet. I got the upper part to lift up and tilt forward but it seems like something is still holding it down. I was also able to feel that the lower part seems like it would tilt up from the back part but since I can't get the upper out of the way I'm stuck?! PLEASE HELP!

on my duster you just got to push down and back(towards the rear of the car) at the same time then once its all the way back you should be able to lift up and out.

thanks for the help guys, I got it all out. on mine you have to lift the seatback up and tilt forward after you remove the arm rests. then there is a sheetmetal hook at the bottom you have to straighten out then pull from the bottom to release. to get the seat bottom out you have to lift the back up then slide it slightly back to release it from the bracket at the front portion.

you sure can tell the quality difference in cars then and now. thick steel, thick glass and nuts and bolts. not ten thousand plastic push pins and plastic panels!

-
Back