Seat Track Question

-

74DartSwinger360

The Brat Pack
Reaction score
Are 70-74 A Body Bucket Seat Tracks the same? If they arent what are the differences? Could you show pics of the differences?
Thanks

I may get corrected but I belieive that 70-72 are the same and 73-74 are the same. I do not know the exact differences but am pretty sure that they are different because the seats are different.

67-69 are one style and early 70 was unique but most later70 and 71-76 are the same except on some 74-6 if the car had a catalytic converter than one of the thacks is shorter to accomadate the hump in the floor...... its the pass. inner if i remember correctly....other three are the same.

If you want six way power seats...get two driver's side units (pass side has cat) from an M body (5th Ave).

This may be one of those "best kept secrets" in our hobby.

The six way tracks from my parts car are a direct bolt on to the 72-74 buckets.

The studs to the floor pan my not be a direct fit, as I have not tried that part, but it really shouldn't matter if they are an inch or two off, as the factory used different locations for bench and bucket tracks.

Just an idea.

If you want six way power seats...get two driver's side units (pass side has cat) from an M body (5th Ave).

This may be one of those "best kept secrets" in our hobby.

The six way tracks from my parts car are a direct bolt on to the 72-74 buckets.

The studs to the floor pan my not be a direct fit, as I have not tried that part, but it really shouldn't matter if they are an inch or two off, as the factory used different locations for bench and bucket tracks.

Just an idea.

that sounds a lot easier than the route i tried a while back ....i used power seat tracks from a mid to late 80s lincoln town car bcoz they are pretty flat.....but that required some cutting and i had to weld studs on the bottom and tabs on the top for the seat bolts .....the driver side one came out a little tall which was good for me bcoz im 4'10" but after awhile i scrapped that and now i use only factory parts but i made some spacers out of square stock that fit under the original seat tracks and go through the studs to stay in place and that lifts the seat up enough to make driving comfortable .....bcoz buckets sit lower than a bench ....my car had a bench originally and when i swapped to buckets...WOW what a difference ...i could barely see over the dash when i first put the buckets in. LOL :violent2:

Just to add to the conversation........

It's the driver side inner seat track that's different for the catalytic converter cars. I thought it was the pass inner, but was recently corrected in another thread.

The 70/early 71 seat tracks will also fit & work perfectly. The only difference in them is how the sliders adjust fore & aft.

Yes they will work on your 73. I have 72 seat tracks in my 73 right now, they bolted up to my correct 73 seats and floor perfectly.

-
Back