Seat tracks

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
I have a pair of seats from a Plymouth Lazer that I had reupholstered to match the rear seat of my 1970 Duster. Those seats have their own tracks that function perfectly. However, they do sit very close to the floor. I have a pair of OEM bucket seat tracks for the Duster, but I don't know how to attach the seats to those tracks. If I were to do that, the seats would have 2 adjustments, which I obviously don't need. Is there a better way of installing these seats. I'm a tall guy (6'7"), but I don't want to be sitting on the floor just to drive this car.
Any tips or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I went to a local machine shop and found aluminum 2'' high x 3'' round in their scrap bin. The seats I used were Neon.
Made great spacers to raise my seats. Just a thought.

Sorry, this is all I have. I was just setting them up and they can't be seen.I used them at the rear brackets.

IMG_1733.jpg
IMG_2004.jpg

my recommendation to you is you start with just putting easy to find materials (2x4...books...etc) down under the seat tracks and if you can move them up 1-2 inches at a time that would be ideal. Keep on adding blocks until you are happy and then do what @Darter6 and either ask your local machine shop for some scrap for sale or go buy the appropriate size metal bars to make your own brackets.

Dealers used to use hardwood strips to raise the seat if a customer complained they were too low. So it doesn't require anything fancy. 1 x 2 strip of oak, drill two holes, paint black.... done. Oh, you might need longer bolts if you raise it more than an inch.

the factory style spacers were some sort of black plastic material. Yo can get new ones from a number of resto suppliers and they are indented on one side and raised up in the center on the other side so you can stack them and not lose stability

Thanks everyone for the help. I wish it was easier to just remove the Lazer seat tracks and install the A-body tracks. That would put me right about where I need to be.
Has anyone here ever done something similar with the A-body seat tracks?

-
Back