Secondary check ball missing?

-

Backally

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 70 Duster, 340 with a holley 3310-2, 750 with vacuum secondaries. Don't know much about carburetors other than what I have read on this site. It's had a bog in it when I get on the throttle, reading other posts sounds like secondary spring needed to be heavier. So I am taking it apart to install the quick spring change kit and a heavier spring. As I separate the housing, there is no ball there which I understand there isn't always one, but then I realize there is no spring in there either. I am guessing that is not right?? Since someone's work seems suspect, should there be a check ball in there also? Can I get just the ball or is that something I have to buy a rebuild kit to obtain.

Thanks
Backally

I love the Holley and find them very tunable,If it were me I would rebuild that 3310 sounds like the past owner did knot know what he was doing,and yes some carbs have no ball gives a faster opening.In the kit it will have a new ball so install it and install the lightest spring you can get and go from there.There are spring kits with different opening rates.With no spring in there it will bog big time.

Got the rebuilt kit, put in the check ball and a light spring until I rebuild it in a week or two. Even the wife said it runs better already.
Thx guys

-
Back