Seems I am liking cheap beer more and more

-

'73 Root Beer

Reaction score
So when I was younger it was quantity over quality. Then as jobs got better and paid a little more I got into the new microbrews though I never got into fruity beers. I am not a sailor I am not getting scury anytime soon. Well it just seems I am reverting back.

I just cant get anything accomplished afterr a couple heavier beers. So I went a bought a beer I remember as a kid my Dad drank while we would work all day. Low and behold thirst quenching beer flavored work juice. Hamms 30 pack $17 taxes included.
Am Ithe only one starting to think that a resurgence is in ordrer? Lets here it for PBR, Schlitz, Moosehead, and the High Life! Or ant other North American Crisp Cold and Golden!

Beer not just a medicine anymore!

Same here.Two choices,Speed parts and cheap beer,or no speed parts ,and good beer. Bought new heads last month,so el cheapo it is.

I'm having one as we speak.......18pk, $9.28 at W..mart.

View attachment 001.jpg

Been on these for 5 yrs. Figured out that you put'em in the freezer till just slushy and i can put down as many as i want to keep up with everyone else :D.

I'm having one as we speak.......18pk, $9.28 at W..mart.

View attachment 1714591079

Been on these for 5 yrs. Figured out that you put'em in the freezer till just slushy and i can put down as many as i want to keep up with everyone else :D.

Seeing that pic reminds me of what a friend said who switched to that after drinking more expensive beer. 'I don't see how they can make it so good and sell it so cheap!' LOL :D:D
Dallas

7925998242_77044556ee_z.jpg

Cheap, drinkable and its the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

Had this stuff for newyears, Its a dollar a can like an arizona iced tea. It was drinkable as well.

crazystallion2.jpg

Times are tough :banghead:

Down here in a town across the WV border they had a beer called pong that was 10 bucks for a 30 pack. I didn't have the guts to try it out.

we tried some **** back in 1990 'black label' we took it back to WD and got our money back!

I can't do cheap beers. Just about every Pilsner i've ever had makes me want to yack.

Have done Pabst,Oly,Milwaukees Best ,Busch,Miller High Life,MGD. All, personal taste.Right now,Bud Light......

Back in school it was Rienlander and Buckhorn. The deposit on the long necks was more than the beer. Frosty Cold!!! was the only way to drink it.

Where are you finding that Schaeffer beer? The three major brewers you find in the Grocery store are not American owned companies anymore. You would be surprised to find that only 2-3 beers in your grocery store are American owned. Glad to the classics coming back and are American owned.
Here in Va I have found the following working man's classics making a come back

National Bohemian
Schlitz
PBR
Black Label
Genessi

I'm an Old Milwaukee lite fan myself.Cheap beer and fine whiskey (Crown Royal).What a combo.

I too enjoy the cheaper things in life, here in Texas we have Lone Star, local and cheap. Otherwise it's PBR or the high life

My Dad always brought Ham's beer home with him when he was in Florida. When I would arrive at his place his normal question was:

Want to ham it up?

I always knew that meant beer time and I was alright with that!

Oh god, you people are gonna make me sick! :x

Sorry, I'm a beer snob... Even though I'm not a microbrew-only kinda guy, I still can't drink that super-cheap pisswater... honestly, the cheapest beer I can drink is a Budweiser. The rest is Guinness or some form of ale... Can't stand Sam Adams though, unless it is Octoberfest...

My favorites, in no particular order, are:

Beamish
Boddington's
Guinness
Guinness Black Lager
Smithwicks (a Guinness-produced ale)
Arrogant Bastard
Almost anything from the New Belgium brewing company (got some Red Hoptober at the moment)
etc...

- CK

The only cheap beer I can drink anymore and not get a raging headache is Miller Genuine Draft. Other than that it's Fat Tire or Heiniken.

Like CK said, I'll drink anything from the New Belguim Brewery. Those guys know their beer and it tastes like beer.

Keystone Ice, Cheap and effective booze :D

It's the kind of stuff you buy when you want to do serious Power Drinking on a budget.

The local distributor used to sell 24 Packs for $12 each, which meant I could get 48 Cans for about the same price as a 30 pack :glasses7: They're supposed to start stocking the 24 packs again, since they had quite a few requests for them.

Busch Light or Bud Light here..................occasionally PBR or Miller Lite!

I am not a big beer drinker but my Dad has always drank Pabst :glasses7:

Attachments

• mempabst.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 119
-
Back