selecting fuel line

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I'm in the process of selecting fuel line for my Scamp. Choices are pre-bent for around $100 shipped. Or Steel braided for about $4 a foot. Rubber fuel SAE J30R7 approved fuel line $20. or buying a coil for $20 then the tools to bend my own?

Im leaning towards the rubber I feel it its good enough for newer cars and fuel injection it should be ok for the Scamp. Plus at a reduced cost since the other options push the bill close to or over $100. What are the draw backs to running a rubber fuel line if any?

i would not use rubber all the way... all it takes is a rock to cut it goin down the road...

at least use the steel braided if not steel or aluminum line (30 bucks for 25ft roll)...

i would not use rubber all the way... all it takes is a rock to cut it goin down the road...

at least use the steel braided if not steel or aluminum line (30 bucks for 25ft roll)...

I wouldnt run alum on a street car... Steel is my second choice however I dont own the tools to bend and there is another added cost for the correct tools.

I wouldnt run alum on a street car... Steel is my second choice however I dont own the tools to bend and there is another added cost for the correct tools.

why no aluminum?

and there are some places who do prebent tubing correctly...

and a bender only costs 10 bucks...

Really for the reason same reason you said no rubber.. Alum is soft and I can see a slip of a jack, or rock or something crushing it. Need more then a bender for a good one and a flaring tool. Just wonder how rubber holds up on newer cars seems to work ok.

NHRA, 1 foot of rubber. An braided; expensive, and fittings are higher. Between Summit and Jegs, it cost me over $150 to run a braided line, on a 70 duster.

Whats wrong with aluminum? I run aluminum on the street. Anyway, remember you can only run 1' of rubber line on some drag strips if you plan on doing that.

-
Back