Sell or keep

-

oneno

Reaction score
I would like a little advice on which way to proceed and couldn't think of a better place to ask. I've posted a few pics of our 1973 "Demonized" Dart Sport earlier in the year and have put some money into it (app 7000) with a purchase price of 8,900 and are debating on investing further or selling and buying a true 72' Demon or something similar. We bought it just last May 2012, it is a 1973 Dodge Dart Sport but is badged with Demon emblems by the prior owner. Painted hemi Orange in the 80's original paint code is buff (beige'ish) had a 340 but now has a mildly built 318 with a 727 trans. We had a plaque designed with a modified Demon logo placing a halo above the Demon with a quote beneath stating "With God it's never too late" using it as a mission tool of sorts. Already replaced tie rods ,ends, brakes, rotors, wheels, tires , originally had MT 50's on the back with a narrowed rear end and they widened the rear wheel wells to accommodate. New ceramic coated chrome long headers and custom exhaust. Interior is excellent and I added some black carbon fiber dash and console inlays. No rust as it was restored in the early 90's I'm guessing but getting a few bubbles in the paint in front of the back wheel wells and are hem hawing at getting another restore and new paint estimated at 6,000. We are now at the dilemma of putting more money into something that isn't numbers matching and a true Demon. We know we'll never get back out what we have into it, but we are thinking of selling and buying a true 72 demon. Any thoughts or opinions? all would be welcomed.

Every time I think of selling a car I always think, "Can I replace it for what I'm selling it for ?"I, like you, put way too much money into a car that for lack of words is, "not that popular". Unless you find a smokin' deal on a 71 or 72 why start over?Just a thought.

In my opinion, if you are looking to drive a modified car why worry about numbers matching if you tub it, install a cage, swap in a big block, etc.
build what YOU want and enjoy the fruits of your labor :D

Unless you find a smokin' deal on a 71 or 72 why start over?Just a thought.

exactly , what difference does it really make unless you are going to try re-sell it down the road? chances are good you wont ever get every dime back you put into it anyway my $0.02

73%2520Demon.jpg
]

Build what you want to drive, if you are looking to have something sit and hopefully go up in value then worry about numbers matching stuff. I always build them how I want them so I can drive them.

very nice, but now it makes sense to me. i had pictured it with demon sheet metal installed.

i would say if you really want a demon , then dump it and get you a real one, or , convert the sheet metal.

if your going to paint the car then i would try to find a 71-72 front clip and tail panel. then you could really have the demon you want.

If it was mine, I would take the "Demon" logos off and keep it. Maybe even put the "Dart Sport" back on it. That's a nice lookin' car. Just my 2 cents.

I don't let numbers matching dictate. The only way to know for sure if a car is truely numbers matching is if you were the original owner from new. Years ago the insurance companies "clipped" cars. So you're going down the street with a Hemi Roadrunner and get rearended. You're insurance company decides to fix the car. So they clip it in the rear with a slant six Belvedere. No longer numbers matching. You later sell the car. It gets resold several times. The last owner sells it to someone, passing it off as a "numbers matching" vehicle. Hey it still has the original motor, trans, interior. He doesn't know it was ever in an accident and "clipped" Had a friend years ago bought a Duster. Brought it in to be worked on. Walking out to the rear of the car I saw a Demon. The car had been clipped and they used two different bodies, and hadn't bothered to change the taillights. He of course wanted to argue. Lets settle it. We pulled up the rocker mouldings and carpet. It was a good job, but still a visible sign of the back half being welded onto the front. I don't worry about "numbers matching" I build what I want the way I want it. My two cents.

Good looking car!

Seems like you have a lot of time and money invested in it.

Just see about having the paint bubbles fixed (skip the full repaint) and drive the snot out of it...

Paul

-
Back