Selling price

-

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Not really a swap out question, just didnt know where else to place it. I have a 440 and 727 tranny pulled from a 1971 Chrysler New Yorker wagon. Its been sitting around outside for a good 7 years or more. It ran when I pulled it, but life changed so there it sat. Im sure it needs a total rebuild after sitting all this time. But is there anything special on these blocks, or what it would be worth? Planning on selling the combo. I need to clean up the yard a bit.... I also have a 318 pulled from a 1975 Dodge van that ran when pulled. It also came with a 727 tranny...What would be a good price to ask for that? I appreciate any input....Thank You.

I can't give you a definate number. But I bought my 440 with tranny for $350 bucks here in Iowa. Non running rebuilder

It might be more up there in Alaska since the suppy isnt like it here in the states. Start high you can always go lower.

2-300 for a 318 and trans is too much.....at least around here. You practically have to give them away, 100 bucks if your lucky. The 440 combo however around here fetches up to 500 bucks.

I sold two running when pulled / stored inside for 2 years 318's for $150 and was lucky to get that. Real lucky.......both ran good too.

440's tend to run all over the place however. I would think with it being a little earlier you may do better. Just so long as no water got in there.

Just my experieince.

ROB

-
Back