Selling question

-

ColoMopar

Reaction score
I am switching projects yet again, one day I'll get one done and then hopefully keep it for a while.

Anyway, I will be selling an engine that I've had all of the machine work done on and have gathered almost all of the parts for. My dilemma is whether I should now part it out, sell it complete unassembled, or build it and sell it. I have quite a bit invested in this motor and would like to recoup as much as possible.

It is a 69 340 with 'x' heads

I appreciate any advice. This is not intended to be a for sale ad so pictures, price, and further details are not appropriate here. Thanks!

If I was buying it I would want it unassembled. That would be the only way I could see the parts and know the quality of the reassembly.

Hi Jim, I agree with what Bill said. IMO a built engine is only as good as paperwork. If you build it yourself, there wont be any paperwork right??
I mean no offense either...paperwork helps ease uneasiness....well Southern Comfort helps too. Good luck with the sale!

I would first try and sell it complete and unasassembled. Part it out if no interest in the whole assembly

I completely agree with selling it unassembled as a whole.... a lot of us (probably most) would tear it all apart anyway to verify everything. Just make sure everything is either in its original box, or bag, or really well stored/protected and well organized and easy to see everything when someone comes to look at it.

Ya, I'm thinking I would want to put it together myself if I were the buyer too. Kind of seems like a no brainer now that someone else says it. What about the package verses part it out?

Good to hear from you Steve, is all well? Have you noticed in my other posts that I'm back in the "Fish" groove?

Ya, I'm thinking I would want to put it together myself if I were the buyer too. Kind of seems like a no brainer now that someone else says it. What about the package verses part it out?

Good to hear from you Steve, is all well? Have you noticed in my other posts that I'm back in the "Fish" groove?

Full deal first. That way you don't have to ship stuff all around the country to get rid of it or not be able to sell parts of it.

Hey Jim, all's well here in Saskatchewan. I posted in yer for sale column on the Duster. And by the list of rides under yer name, you got the fish?? I didnt see any pics of it? Glad to see yer still "hooked" LOL.

I gotta agree with Bill again, try to sell complete, give it a month or so, then sell the bigger/larger pieces 1st.

I am surprised Steve 4spdragtop didn't ask what the vin on the 69 340 was, as he is looking for his factory one.

-
Back