Semi Stupid Stuff I Want On My Car

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
(That I'll probably never end up doing)

1. I want a manual electric high idle solenoid for when I want the idle to stay higher for awhile after the automatic choke is off.

2. I want a 5 gallon reserve fuel tank mounted in the trunk above the shock mount area that is electrically dumpable into the main tank so I have a 450 mile range on a fill up.

3. I want a Charger style flip up gas cap on top of each fender. (one for the main, and one for the reserve tank.)

4. I want an old dirt bike style cable controlled compression release lever on my shifter handle so I can manually raise the throttle pressure of the trans when I want.
This would allow me to manually delay the shifts as late as I want at any RPM or cause a kickdown without more throttle, but if not used the trans would shift normally as it does now.

I think that's about it for now.:D

Cop cars had high idle controls.

Edelbrock makes the solenoid (but may only be for their carbs) Had one on my Charger for when the A/C was on.

I just bought an RCA X iPhone patch cable so I can put my phone music through my Barracuda sound system. I got tired of the crappy music my radio receives.

I just bought an RCA X iPhone patch cable so I can put my phone music through my Barracuda sound system. I got tired of the crappy music my radio receives.

I made a phone dock and mounted on my dash right next to my steering wheel to do this, and it charges my phone at the same time.
It also allows for phone calls by voice dialing and all of it including turn by turn GPS directions over the stereo.
It fades the music down, says what it needs to tell me like "Turn right in 300 feet" and then the music volume fades back in.

Nr. 4. solution: It's called a console shifter. Does everything you asked.
Using it everyday. :)

Not sure what you refer to, because I have never seen a shifter that allowed transmission throttle pressure control.

You only want to tpc to delay shifts. Keeping shifter in the gear you want results in the same thing.
If you want to shift down a gear, just pull the shifter back a notch.

Unless of course you really want to do all this the hard way! :) :)

I like #3 but would never be able to create the indent needed to match the drivers quarter myself .

You only want to tpc to delay shifts. Keeping shifter in the gear you want results in the same thing.
If you want to shift down a gear, just pull the shifter back a notch.

Unless of course you really want to do all this the hard way! :) :)

Oh, ok I gotcha.
I have the Hurst Pro Matic 2 ratchet shifter already, and you are right that it can come close to doing exacly the same thing by just keeping it in gear manually or downshifting.
That one thing goes in the "semi stupid" category. :D

I like #3 but would never be able to create the indent needed to match the drivers quarter myself .

I would want them both on top of the fenders with the indent in the quarter where the original cap is now erased.

Semi-Stupid, as the post says:

1. Air powered ARB locking differential for my Dana 60. With a flick of a switch open to full lock and back again, great for race day and occasional show-off.
2. Some way of making my Dart one LOUD speaker, for those times, when a SUV with 33” pulls up next to me with some sort of “Chumbawamba-tubthumping noise going, I can drown it out.
3. A rheostat knob to electronically change the tint of the windows for the Mob look.
4. An air scoop much like the “Air Grabber” scoop but Hemi size that can conceal itself in the hood when not used.
5. Nozzles inside the rear fender area when activated can spray your favorite road prep juice instantly.
6. Heads up display showing shift points and other vital information, voice activated.
7. Noise defense system via a remote that would put out a low intense frequency sound that would be nauseating to be next to. Anti-theft.....crowd control..they do make these.
8. Thumb print recognition, put your thumb on the glass and lock/unlock car doors.
9. Car paint that repels every element known to mankind, self-cleaning, self-healing for small scratches and scuffs.
10. And last but not the least, a suspension system that can be adjusted by dash controls. Air bags may work here, but thinking electric-magnetic fluid shocks absorbers.

I made a phone dock and mounted on my dash right next to my steering wheel to do this, and it charges my phone at the same time.
It also allows for phone calls by voice dialing and all of it including turn by turn GPS directions over the stereo.
It fades the music down, says what it needs to tell me like "Turn right in 300 feet" and then the music volume fades back in.
If I listen to really loud heavy metal, does the GPS voice scream instuctions at me?

I want green LED lights on the dash. One will show when the secondaries on the Thermoquad are fully open. The other will show when mechanical spark advance has reached it's max.

I want green LED lights on the dash. One will show when the secondaries on the Thermoquad are fully open. The other will show when mechanical spark advance has reached it's max.

They make those. It's called a 'shift light'

Oh, ok I gotcha.
I have the Hurst Pro Matic 2 ratchet shifter already, and you are right that it can come close to doing exacly the same thing by just keeping it in gear manually or downshifting.
That one thing goes in the "semi stupid" category. :D

I would want them both on top of the fenders with the indent in the quarter where the original cap is now erased.
Nope thats just stupid bud .........

Frankly I think the op is setting his sights low, based on his ability.

He could easily create a device that automatically applies a bowtie sticker to the fender every time he shuts one down in a street race.

Not sure what you refer to, because I have never seen a shifter that allowed transmission throttle pressure control.

Not sure if it's exactly what you want but I made up my own "shift kit" in my 727. It shifted quick and soft at part throttle but would shift at redline barked the tires at WOT.

I think I went through the 3-4 left-over shift kit install instructions and noticed 95% were the same and very few new parts. So I went ahead & did everything that DIDN'T involve any new parts. Basically removing some balls and accumulator spring and cranking up the pressure. it was 20 years ago, but irrc, not installing the shuttle valve blocker had much to do with softening up part throttle.

Semi-Stupid, as the post says:

1. Air powered ARB locking differential for my Dana 60. With a flick of a switch open to full lock and back again, great for race day and occasional show-off.
2. Some way of making my Dart one LOUD speaker, for those times, when a SUV with 33” pulls up next to me with some sort of “Chumbawamba-tubthumping noise going, I can drown it out.
3. A rheostat knob to electronically change the tint of the windows for the Mob look.
4. An air scoop much like the “Air Grabber” scoop but Hemi size that can conceal itself in the hood when not used.
5. Nozzles inside the rear fender area when activated can spray your favorite road prep juice instantly.
6. Heads up display showing shift points and other vital information, voice activated.
7. Noise defense system via a remote that would put out a low intense frequency sound that would be nauseating to be next to. Anti-theft.....crowd control..they do make these.
8. Thumb print recognition, put your thumb on the glass and lock/unlock car doors.
9. Car paint that repels every element known to mankind, self-cleaning, self-healing for small scratches and scuffs.
10. And last but not the least, a suspension system that can be adjusted by dash controls. Air bags may work here, but thinking electric-magnetic fluid shocks absorbers.

I want #3 and #9

-
Back