send cam to be reground, quick question on specs

-

turboking15

Reaction score
I am sending my cam to oregon this weekend for a regrind and had a question on the specs.

motor is a stock rebuild 5.9 mag. new bearings, rings, gaskets. heads are heavily ported mags, .028 head gasket, around 9.5:1 compression. M1 single plane, 750vs holley, 1-3/4 long tubes, 3" race bullets dumped under the backseat. trans is a built 904, 3.55 rear gear, 275-60-15 mt et street pro radials. i will pick the converter once i get the cam and talk to ptc. car should weigh 2800-3000 lbs. mostly a track car will be street driven some aswell.

The grind im looking at through them is grind 1427
http://www.oregoncamshaft.com/Hydraulic-Rol-Cam-Specs.html
i am also running 1.5 chevy rockers so the specs will be
300-306 dur
242-248 @.050
110 lsa
.358-.373 lobe lift
.537-.560 lift with 1.5 rockers

i am limited to .550 lift due to the the valve springs, so i will have them go to .550 on the exhaust lobe. my question is should i have them do .550 on both intake and exh or leave it a spilt pattern. The motor will see nitrous thats why i was looking at the split profile, but i have read that the magnums like same spec cams in relation to the int/exh.

So im just looking for some advice before i send the cam out so i know what specs to give them to grind it to.

Thanks

Looks Purdy good.....keep in mind, they will mix and match any lift with any duration and grind the LSA to suit.....all at no extra charge. I just had them do a small block Ford hydraulic roller regrind and that's what they did for me. What I wanted wasn't on the list, but we took the duration from one grind and the lift from another and put the LSA where I wanted it. Ken and Bill are two of the nicest guys in the business and they know their stuff like it's second nature.

Oh and if you have not called them, do it. Because I am not sure they have updated that list. They probably have more grinds than what is listed.

Should run hard,smart move on the better converter.Shouldn't need more than a 4 to 6 degree split on Magnum heads.

So all the duration and lsa numbers look good for my setup?

As far as lift is concerned, should i have them do .550 on both or leave it at .537/.550 ?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Talk to Oregon ,first. Head flow numbers,would help here. Headflow usually peaks ,between .525-.550 lift on Magnums.

-
Back