Sending unit

-

Chub380

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed but I know things constantly change and my daughter really wants to get here gas gage fixed which we found is the sending unit,I know most have said there is no good quality new ones but has anyone had good luck with a new brand? If it doesn’t work right we will send ours back for rebuild, someone said once they had good luck with a vendor on eBay any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here was one I saw

63343AA7-4EF9-4229-803D-4D5A260B000A.png

I've had great luck with Spectra. They made in Canada. I've used several and they're right on the money every time for ME. I have yet to SEE any proof otherwise.

I stumbled onto a site a few weeks ago that supposedly can rebuild your sender. Cannot remember what it was but you may be able do do a search and find them. If I see it again, will try to remember to post it .
Yote

Edit: A quick search gave me these:
1. Bob’s Speedometer
2. Instrument Services
3. Tri Starr Radiator
I don’t know anything about them but hope it can help you.

Last edited:
This is good news maybe go for a spectra and get the original rebuilt. Spectra seems like about 85-100 is eBay the best place to get one?

Is the general consensus to still reuse the original lock ring?

Yes the new ones are to thin metal. Clean it and reuse it! Or try to find a NOS one.

Ok this one should be fine not much rust on the car do these have an o ring? And do you reuse it?

Use the A100 truck sending unit.. has a long arm like the original just not the tapered windings. It is the best you can do that is not OEM.

-
Back