Starters...
318 +.030
Zero Decked
Eddy RPM Air Gap
Eddy 1405
Auto Meter Oil, Water
AEM AFR

The Problem #1.
The temp probe for the water temp is too long. I know there is an adapter made but it is ugly IMHO and I don't want to put it on.

The Question.
Can I replace the straight part of the upper radiator hose with pipe and weld a bung into it for the temp probe? Will it cause problems?
I would like to keep the factory sending unit in the Manifold as well.

The Problem #2.
The Oil Pressure gauge is connected in the OEM location therefore my OEM oil pressure gauge does not function.

The Question.
Can I use a "TEE" and connect both gauges to different ports on the same location?

Thanks for the help. I appreciate you smart guys saving me many headaches.:banghead:

You are fine using the "Tee" for the oil pressure. The temp sensor depends on where you want your reading to come from. Usually it is pre thermostat which means your hose idea would not give you true engine temp and a potentially catastrophic failure if your t-stat stuck.

Thanks. That makes good sense.
I have read many of your posts and was hoping you would be one of the folks that chimed in.
Do you know another place that would work?

I went with an electric water temp gauge on my small block so I didn't have to deal with that long *** probe.

I drill the intake manifold next to the thermostat mounting for the aftermarket temp gauge sensor. Then with the bushing, you can get it so it doesn't bottom out...

Thanks. That makes good sense.
I have read many of your posts and was hoping you would be one of the folks that chimed in.
Do you know another place that would work?

It is going to have to be somewhere in the crossover portion of the intake manifold or a heater hose. If you know the resistance range of your sensor there are many styles out there that may work for you. Ford makes one like this Motorcraft SW6052 which is used for both oil and coolant temp.

SW-6052-Engine-Oil-Temperture-Sensor-lrg__81297.1309216667.380.500.jpg

The SW5130 is actually the one I was thinking of. The corresponding pigtail is a Motorcraft WPT-1325.

f65z10884aa-bot.jpg

You can use a tee on the oil gauge, keep a spare in the glove box. They tend to be weak and will break from vibration. I can see the appeal of having redundant systems,I don't think the complication is worth it. Put your gauges where you can see them easily, nearest line of sight when driving is best, watch your gauges, know your car. People that rebuild/build their own car are pretty well in tune to how their car is working. You can set up redundant systems but you'll need to get more expensive gauges/system. Gauges with idiot lights, I'm sure there is something available like this.

-
Back