serpentine conversion

-

Hyperballsmcgee

Reaction score
anyone who has seen my posts knows that I change my mind way too much to e in the hot rodding game, so just throwing this out as an idea to see what comes back, I'll be going to the junkyard sometime to get some gears and if I'm lucky, a sure-grip out of a Dakota, that said, I've been in the process of converting my car to non-AC, and the brackets and pulleys I was given were for 69 and back, but my motor is a '73, could I also while I'm there grab a serpentine setup off one of the trucks there? I've heard the water pump will spin backerds, so could I just get the water pump and all pulleys and bolt everything on no problem?

^i say "no problem", but this is hot rodding, and just about everything requires at least 2 Advil or some tools getting thrown across the garage.

I have a LOT of what you will need if you are interested. Send ma a PM if you are.

RustyRatRod, don't have much cash at all right now, and Im one of those who likes to get all te parts for a job at the same time, cause the way I am if I get stuff I'll end up being impatient and start bolting crap on before I have all the parts or cah to make it work, then I'll be all butt hurt about my car being down. haha.

so if you have EVERYTHING with the exception of maybe the belt or something small I am interested, but letting you know I more than likely can't squeeze it in the budget right now.

In addition to a different water pump magnum engines also use a different timing cover with channels that divert the water so you'll need that also. Also keep in mind that the alternator is quite different on newer Dakota's. You'll have to figure out how to make it charge properly cause their voltage regulator is built into the computer. You better also do some checking on those rear end parts. Seems to me like they changed the axle spline count on 8-1/4 rears somewhere down through the yrs. Dakota stuff may or may not work on your 73

If you want it, let me know. I am low on cash and fixin to sling it on Ebay.

I just listed it here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970186564#post1970186564

I have to get this new washer paid for. My price is fair. Go price it all up on Ebay if you can find it all.

If it does not move in a couple of days I will Ebay it. If it does not move there, it is going in a scrap load. I gotta do what I gotta do. I would much rather one of yall got it.

-
Back