-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurb

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
i need an allen set screw for my gear shift knob in my 68 fish. some members suggested going to the hardware store to find one no luck. i tried contacting some fabo members to see if they had any zero.
so if anybody has a set screw they want to sell LMK. thanks bruce

Depending on how far you are from a large city, there are often specialty hardware/nut&bolt supply houses that would have this (In Tucson its Golden State Supply Co or Sun State Supply in Phoenix for example). Probably less that 10% (guestimate) of neighborhood hardware stores have specialty items like this. I've had good luck at ACE hardware stores specifically if you can't locate a specialty hardware house mentioned above or it's to far to drive to for cost/time reasons.

Depending on how far you are from a large city, there are often specialty hardware/nut&bolt supply houses that would have this (In Tucson its Golden State Supply Co or Sun State Supply in Phoenix for example). Probably less that 10% (guestimate) of neighborhood hardware stores have specialty items like this. I've had good luck at ACE hardware stores specifically if you can't locate a specialty hardware house mentioned above or it's to far to drive to for cost/time reasons.

Same here (Ace Hardaware) and I know for a fact that they carry allen style set screws.

What size is it? I just bought some stainless set screws at Home Depot the other day. I think the sizes they had ranged from #6 to 5/16" in various lengths

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back