SF Bay area body/paint shop

-
Call Scott over at Yeaman's Auto Body in Palo Alto as his shop does really good work. You can also check out his Yelp reviews.

I talked to half a dozen shops and this is a tough one. Most shops that I found who specialize in older cars either have a long backorder lead time or charge an arm and a leg, or both! I would love to have Norcal Auto in Campbell do my car. I paid them a visit and they had over ten cars in process and awesome work! They also have a full mechanic shop. However, their quote was double everyone else's "fair price" which can also be subjective. The fair prices I got that were half were still double what I was expecting. My car had a very straight body with minimal bubbling on the lower quarters and smoothing the holes where the vinyl roof was since I turned it into a hardtop. All body work and labor estimate (remember this is an estimate and can go higher depending on what they find once they strip the paint) from 3 shops was in the $7500-$9500 range. Ouch! Remember Norcal? They quoted me $20K and said they couldn't get to it for 6 months and then figure a 4 month wait after that. I ended up going to Fanucci Autobody in Santa Cruz (1 hr from my place in SJ), lower end of the price range, they had 3 classics in progress, but they also do collision work, they still use solvent based paint so they can do my original color, and I got a good recommendation from a former customer who had a mustang fastback done.

Hope this helps...

68ss... wow those are some steep prices.. way more than I'm expecting to pay! Do you remember the names of the other shops you've talked to?

belmateo, have you personally used either Yeaman's or Dino's?

-
Back