Shackle Angle vs Rear Height

-

scampy

Reaction score
HI I'm looking to move my rear shackle angle on our 72 scamp drag car but am concerned if that will change the height in the rear,my tire clearance is close.I'm at 5 degrees looking to get to maybe 30.Also would it change pinion angle at all
Thanks

Last edited:
HI I'm looking to move my rear shackle angle on our 72 scamp drag car but am concerned if that will change the height in the rear,my tire clearance is close.I'm at 5 degrees looking to get to maybe 30.Also would it change pinion angle at all
Thanks
in short, yes.

Anytime you move a suspension point, you're gonna change the entire geometry. Are you moving it forward or rear ward? and 5 degrees of what?

in short, yes.

Anytime you move a suspension point, you're gonna change the entire geometry. Are you moving it forward or rear ward? and 5 degrees of what?

the 5 degrees is what i call back bottom hole 5 degrees back from top hole almost straight up and down,looking to move it back further but wondering if this will also lower the car in the rear and or move pinion angle

the 5 degrees is what i call back bottom hole 5 degrees back from top hole almost straight up and down,looking to move it back further but wondering if this will also lower the car in the rear and or move pinion angle

In short, yes. By how much, that I can't say but it will.

Rear shackle angle is based of the datum line. there is no way you are running 5 degrees of rear shackle angle. I'm assuming you are taking that measurement off the frame.

ctrp_0601_leaf_08_z_zpsc01902e1.jpg

-
Back