Shackles or Sliders

-

dantegray

Reaction score
Im buying a 3" inboard spring kit and was wondering for a street strip car should I install rear shackles or sliders? I was looking at the reillymotorsports.com kits...

I have the sliders and love them. They will also lower the car about half inch. They eliminate all friction in the rear of the spring and let it do its job. They eliminate all side to side flex as well.

Can you hear the sliders? RMS told me they are noisy?

Bolt them to your springs. Set car down on the ground and adjust them for and aft until the spring eye is 2/3 towards the rear of the slider.

As stated they allow the suspension to move freely. The shackles "lock" the rear suspension when at 90 degrees to the frame. The sliders prevent this. Plan on running them myself.

Good general info here.
http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/leaf.shtml

To the people that run them, are they noisey? Can you hear them? How have they held up?

they make the sliders in two styles. one has a roller bearing that rides on a track. the others have a derlin plastic bushing that slides back and forth. i have the roller bearing style that i got from RMS. I have 1500 hard miles on mine. they are quiet as can be and i just looked at em a few days ago and they look like new. keep in mind that the weight of the car is sitting on the rollers so they are not shaking around and making noise.

-
Back