Shafers model car thread

-
i started a mr, norms supercharged 72 demon about 10 years ago and never finished it. my 6 year old son found it and made me work on it cause he wanted it. i painted it with ppg base coat and dupont 7600 clear about 10 years ago. can t find the hood or battery yet, but when i do...i ll finish it.
you all do nice work and i forgot how much fun it is to build models.

Attachments

• 103_2961.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 103_2965.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 254
engine pic

Attachments

• 103_2966.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 103_2963.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 240
This is a distressed Revell 67 Charger kit. Lots of modifications done to make it so beautiful.

Attachments

• 100_2737.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2739.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_2745.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_2748.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 100_2744.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_2743.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_2742.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 236
This is a distressed Revell 67 Charger kit. Lots of modifications done to make it so beautiful.

Wow you are a perfectionist, it's so realistic I feel sad looking at that Charger even though I know it's a model.

I'm building my first model since I was a kid, and even back then I didn't build many...it's a Jo-han Chrysler Turbine, I have since learned this model is 'notoriously' hard to build. But I'm getting it! It am keeping it stock and I just ordered the bronze paint online.

Sorry for a newbie question...the mounting pin on the steering gear broke off...I guess I just glue it to the k-member the best I can?

Thanks goldfish65! Be sure to post pictures of the turbine car when you finish it. As for the steering gear, I would try to just glue it on if you can. If you have a pin vise, a small hand turned drill, you can drill a hole in both mounting surfaces and glue a small pin into the k frame and glue the steering box on to the pin.

Thanks goldfish65! Be sure to post pictures of the turbine car when you finish it. As for the steering gear, I would try to just glue it on if you can. If you have a pin vise, a small hand turned drill, you can drill a hole in both mounting surfaces and glue a small pin into the k frame and glue the steering box on to the pin.

Thanks, since it's not a functioning piece looks like I'll just glue it the best I can. It's my first model as an adult. I can't wait til UPS delivers the Turbine Bronze paint so I can finish it, and share some pics.

I am so glad to see renewed interest in this thread. That charger looks so realistic, if it had been green I would have thought it was my dad's real charger when he first brought it home b4 restoration - gr8 job.

That Charger rocks!

You can tell it was built by a Mopar guy, cause you got the rust in all the right places!

In progress....

The engine was 23 pieces and kinda tricky since I'm not familiar with the design of a turbine. The entire kit is 121 pieces, actually more since so many parts are in pairs...

The front suspension was tricky too, it has coil springs and control arms and steering that all work.

I used silver as a primer, thinking it will help the turbine bronze metallic to really pop.

Thanks to the members on this thread for the inspiration.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 213
That Charger rocks!

You can tell it was built by a Mopar guy, cause you got the rust in all the right places!
Thanks! I restored my 67 Charger many years ago, and bought a few parts cars too, so I am familiar with the rot spots on these cars.

Go goldfish85, looking good!!
Wow I have not looked in the thread in a long time :glasses7:

Missing antenna- nice touch.

How many times have we opened a hood and seen those leaves?
(and the associated black gunk)

Mr. Shafer. What I've been up to. Hope you and everyone will like.
Anybody need transportation? I can only do it on small scale. LOL!

Attachments

• 100_2489.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_2487.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_2491.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_2490.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 173
-
Back