Shaft collar removal

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My 72 demon top end shaft plate appears to have three crimped areas to hold it on. I read elsewhere that there is a shaft collar pin and bushing, but do not see it here. There is a c clip in a groove but that does not appear to have anything to do with the shaft plate removal. It wiggles back and forth but I don't know how to remove it? Is it suppose to stay on there with the three crimped areas? If so, I cannot seem to pull the shaft up and out the top of the housing. It gets stuck halfway up. Is the crosspin at the bottom suppose to get removed to allow it to be pulled through the top of the column?

The piece that looks like it's crimped on is a tin cover, pry that off and you'll see the pin that holds the lock plate. That pin is a pain in the *** to drive out and if I remember correctly only comes out one way.

The piece that looks like it's crimped on is a tin cover, pry that off and you'll see the pin that holds the lock plate. That pin is a pain in the *** to drive out and if I remember correctly only comes out one way.

OK, I see it now. I will pop that cover off tomorrow and go at it. Thanks

-
Back