Shake down fun, met a FABO member

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
I know this car was suppose to be ready back in June but working 7 days a week pushed me back. I took it out last week to work some bugs out and found an infestation. I got two passes and hung it up. Corrected what I found wrong and passed it off to my wife cuz I built it for her. The car runs straight and the chassis is good now I need to do a better engine. Its my old stand by 360 with a lunati voodoo 268 cam and hypereutectic flat tops and a well worn out 650 DP. Launching off idle and shifting at 4800 she got a best of 13.37 @ 100MPH. She took it easy being the first time she ever drove it. The track was packed so she only got two runs. Spent alot of time in the staging lanes with Rob Eppler who is a member here with one extremely wicked 65 Dart GT. It is the nicest 65 Dart my eyes ever saw, and Rob is probably one of the coolest people I've met. My wife even commented that if his 65 was Cinderella then ours was the ugly step sister whos been dead 2 years and dug back up LOL. Anyway getting ready for monster mopar weekend at norwalk and I hope to meet other FABO members there

Attachments

• 65 ready.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 153
Well, it looks better than the last time I saw it, lol.

What happened to the big block? Weren't you headed that route?

I didn't have time to get an engine and trans together. The 360 I replaced the rings and bearings. Plus #5 piston needed a little blending. I may just keep it a small block, maybe drop a 4" crank with some aluminum heads. Sucks though cuz I already built early a bigblock headers for it.

Well, I bet it's still a blast. Did the wifey give up racing the Duster?

And yes Rob's car is a beauty. I keep meaning to get to Milan and see it, I've only seen pics here.

Well, I bet it's still a blast. Did the wifey give up racing the Duster?

And yes Rob's car is a beauty. I keep meaning to get to Milan and see it, I've only seen pics here.

Yea as the car was getting quicker she was getting more afraid of smacking it up. Robs car looks like a show car but runs like a scalded cat when the lights drop.

-
Back