Shark Tooth Grill

-

Sully1190

Look. It's a Gold Duster.
Reaction score
I was curious (being the newbie that I am) what all years that this was available on/would fit on? Also, if there was anyone who made them aftermarket for years that missed out on the love. I've seen Dusters both younger and older than mine sporting them, but never a 74 with one. Just curious, guys. Thanks for helping out the people who weren't alive to remember it :D

the sharktooth was only available on 71 and 72 model years, ( actually standard equipment on 340 dusters, and twisters) The grille will also fit in a 70' model with no modifications, To make it work on a 73 or newer duster, you would need the earilier hood and possibly some other front end peices, like the front lower valance, and maybe adding some tabs on the fenders for the head lamp bezels. I'm not real positive on this, but maybe someone who has done this conversion will chime in.

Thanks for the info! Here's hoping someone just makes one that will fit newer years without all that hassle.

oh......and a sharktooth grille is generally pretty expensive these days, even if it's cracked and needs work. Expect to pay anywhere from 300.00 to 1200.00 depending on condition.

nobody im aware of is re-popping them . i read somewhere, someone was, but they were very low-quality

I know where theres an NOS sharktooth grille in the box, and the gentlemen who has it wants 1800.00 for it. Just plane crazy for a peice of plastic......LOL!

Wow. That's so high.

You know... Looks like one could be made with some rectangular tubing... Maybe my 74 /will/ have one.

I know where theres an NOS sharktooth grille in the box, and the gentlemen who has it wants 1800.00 for it. Just plane crazy for a peice of plastic......LOL!

i agree, for that kind of money i will stick with what i have. the hardcore numbers resto people will pay it though

-
Back