Shark tooth grille paint

-

downsr

Reaction score
What brand and color silver and black to use on grille.Tried mopar wheel paint on test area
seemed why to thin dont what to do this but once.Thanks

I forget what I used but originally, I would suggest you contact Scott Smith Harms on MOPARTS.com, he is a big restorer of 1971 Duster/Demons.

I have a can of sem med silver.rustoleum silver and mopar rally wheel silver.Going to spray some test spots want it to be a low gloss.Dont want to screw it up and have to redo it.I
will also try the above nentioned paints.I sent scott harms message but he never answered
Thanks

Some of the silver paints smudge or are easily marked up when handled, washed, rubbed, etc...

That is part of the reason I picked what I did...so you might want to simulate wear and tear on your test sprays before you paint your grill.

I painted my tail lights with a silver (don't remember if it was Rust-o-leum?) but after 2 years they didn't look so hot and I ended up re-doing them.

Paul

Grille is painted.Ended up using rustoleum metallic silver in the 2x line.Looks really good.Not to
shiny

I used the 2X gloss black for the plastic taillight housings. No adhesion promoter either and came out great.

I have used a lot of different paints and under coatings good old rustoleum is as good as any
and cheaper

-
Back