Shark tooth grills

-

limelite70

Reaction score
Wow the asking prices have skyrocketed.
One on the auction site for $$$$$$ 1,600 $$$$
and its broken.

Screw buying gold.

WOW! that is more than half of what I paid for my 71 340 Duster with an original shark tooth in really good condition. Bought the car in 2009.

I believe reproductions are fast on the way ad that will lower prices quickly for these beat up originals IMO

Personally I don't get it. Unless you have a top to bottom original what does it matter? Sure as hell not paying that!

I remember back in the early 2000's when I first bought my Duster, I went on ebay and had a choice between a $100 regular grille or a $150 shark tooth. I decided to save the $50 and go with the regular one :(

Whats a shark tooth grille?

Only the best looking/meanest looking A body grill ever! Was equipped on 71-72 340 Dusters and Twisters. It's a direct swap/bolt in for 69-72 Dusters, Scamp, Valiants. Here is a picture of one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 201
It's unfortunate that they are so expensive and fragile to boot, best looking grill ever made in my opinion. I though they did make repops but they cost a $1000 or more and don't fit right?

Sold one to a member two days ago for 500 with the hood , both grill supports and head light rims. He drove here with cash for a hood and its Christmas.

I have a craigs list ad going for pick up only.

I am just tired of getting ripped by assholes using Pay pal's return policy. You get back what ever they send back. As long as it weighs the same and there is tracking. They get there money.

There are nice cheap grilles out there as long as they don't get into the wrong hands.

Here is what I believed started the higher prices for theses grilles. There are two styles. One molded in black and one molded in gray.

The grilles molded in black are very rare and sell for very high prices if two people know what the difference is. I found out they were early 71 340's only. At first I assumed V24 cars only but I was wrong. I got another recently and it was not a v24 car. The black grilles never cracked and are very strong compared to the molded in gray . The molded in gray always need repair. you will always find cracks from the screws holding the upper and lower trim.

I was the person that sold the grille on E-bay for $1500 it was a molded in black grille and I had two buyers that wanted it. They both new what it was. I told both that I was listing it and the bidding war began. This may have been the cause of the rise in the prices. Since then they have been selling for higher then usual. That was 5 years ago that I sold that grille.

Just some info you may want to have. Also from my understanding no Twisters ever received the molded in black grilles it was only early 340's . I may sell more if I ever really need the cash. But for now the rest stay. Unless my arm is twisted in person with green.

Here is a pick of the one in my early built original V24 Duster. Look around the push tabs it is molded in black. The fins are silver. This grill was never restored.

Attachments

• spoiler pics 319.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 165
  • spoiler pics 320.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 146
  • spoiler pics 665.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture 056.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 166
I 2x that thanks. Good info there:cheers:
C

-