Sharktooth Grille ???

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!

I just scored a sweet @$$ sharktooth for my 71 duster...with NOS turn signal housings STILL in Ma Mopar boxes! Plus, it has 2 other signal lens on the grille (which are really nice).

Yeah me! :cheers: Sorry...I'm really happy!

My question is this...

The headlight trim (which surrounds the headlights) is it painted the same argent silver (textured)? Or is it different?

The PO painted the original trim black...goes well with the current grille (standard) but it won't match when I swap them out!

Help! Is there something out there that can match? I've looked for the Krylon (which I saw mentioned on another thread) on island here...no luck...

Heres an older picture, (no Dusted plate in the picture:happy10:) of the current grill.

Any help is greatly appreciated!:toothy10:

My thought is if it doesn't have to be Argent...I'll just paint it a matching silver...(if I can find:angry7:)

Front 71 duster small2.jpg

They are textured argent,that sounds like a good deal-Im assuming you didnt pay market value.

I have a close-up picture of a sharktooth headlight bezel on FABO right now in a thread titled "1971-72 sharktooth headlight bezel for "memike". Check it out, it was connected to a sharktooth grille that was removed from a car over 20 years ago and stashed until i stumbled upon it. Should answer your question, but I can tell you it's not "textured" argent. Good luck, Geof

They are textured argent,that sounds like a good deal-Im assuming you didnt pay market value.

You assume right...the guy I got it from was asking $1k about 8 months ago...lets just say...he was really nice to me when I asked him if he still had it. I never thought I'd get a shark...but his price was right...

but check this out...my best buddy...gave me a check for $250...

just 'cause he wanted to help buy a Sharktooth for me...he told me he'd been thinking about it for months but thought a Grand was crazy...(me too)..then I told him I had worked out a deal for the grille...he was all bummed...he wanted to suprise me...an better yet...hes a FERD guy:bootysha:! Ha!

I could even sell the signal lens and be in it for a profit...but I won't! Those are staying in the box!
TO MANY stories for one grille!:toothy10:

Next question:

Are the head lamp trim rings for the sharktooth grille the same as the stock grille? They look the same to me. Will mine work with the "new" grill?
Help?

Aloha!

Shark tooth small.JPG

Wow,thats a nice grille!-and an unbelievable score!.I couldnt get a pic of my headlight bezels,I have three complete original unrestored sets,they have a very slight texture on the outer ring and they are clearly painted silver/argent as you can see the paint lines.I shouldnt say they were textured but they defintely have some from the factory,probaly the way the paint was sprayed.

Yes...I am so stoked about the grille...I really want to do it right. But I am having a hell of a time finding ANY textured paint. (HAWAII!)
I did find one...the can top looked perfect. But when I sprayed it on a test sheet (an old gift card, I keep them for just these kind of things) it was a little too dark....man I was close. Even the gift card was a light color.

I'm thinking...I might go with a regular silver and spray from a distance to get the "texture".

Any thoughts?

Aloha!

Thanks for all the help...so far!

I wouldnt worry too much about the texture as much as the color,after really looking hard at the bezels its only the outer outside area that has a slight texture,heres a couple pics.You can see how light the texture is in the second pic as well as the paint line,hope these help.

Picture_003.jpg

Picture_005.jpg

Great buddy! MAHALO!!!!

If I'm right they are the same trim rings as the stock grille. I'm trying to close the deal on a pair from ChazRam in the parts section. I think they will work. I want to keep my current grille (stock) all togther. So I can sell it to a local mopar owner or keep as a back up...hope I never need that!

Aloha, Mike

-
Back