Sharp bend radiator hose

-

Logan

Reaction score
Sometimes things work out so good you have to share...

I mounted a radiator in my '39 Ford (I know, car is not Mopar but it's old and deserves respect. Besides, the radiator is from a Dart!) The bottom outlet was really close to the sway bar and there was no way a flex hose would work. So, I ordered some stainless steel from speedymetals.com and built a transition piece, tacked it up and mailed it to my brother-in-law who's a crackerjack welder. This came in the mail today...

Note rectangular tubing is easier to work with. Round stainless is also available from Speedway Motors. Clamps will go behind the 'pimples' welded on the inlet/outlets and prevent hoses from sliding off.

can you show it mounted in the car so that i can get a better idea of what is going , it does look restrictive

You don't think that will be too restrictive in the flow? Wouldn't it have been easier to have the outlet relocated on the radiator?

If I thought it would be too restrictive, I wouldn't have built it. The turn is sharp but the cross sectional area is bigger than the hose. When I think of restrictive I picture what a typical wide open thermostat looks like.

The sway bar goes all the way across the bottom of the radiator. No place to relocate the outlet to. Besides, I wanted to keep the option open to put the radiator back in the Dart.

Sounds like a radiator with side tanks would be more appropriate for the Ford. Hard to say without some pics of the layout.
I only mention that because I had a similar situation with a 40 sedan and a 392 Hemi some years ago.

-
Back