Shaved Door Handle Questions

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I am planning on shaving my doors, I was wondering how big of Poppers you folks used. Most of the kits I am seeing are using 50 Pound solonoids is that enough, or are these Honda Size?

I am going to leave the lock in the truck, in case of emergencies, I could crawl through the Hatch!

Anything Else I should look for when selecting a Kit?

I am planning on shaving my doors, I was wondering how big of Poppers you folks used. Most of the kits I am seeing are using 50 Pound solonoids is that enough, or are these Honda Size?

I am going to leave the lock in the truck, in case of emergencies, I could crawl through the Hatch!

Anything Else I should look for when selecting a Kit?

I went with this company http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/holeshot_door_solenoids.html I also for a back up put a pull latch for my drivers side door under the wheel well outta site... its just a pull tab that pops the door open uncase my battery dies..

I've got 50 lb. solenoids. They're big, heavy duty ones. (Protocol brand). Beefier and a more complete kit than the one Watsons sells, IMO.

PPP35K.jpg

yup those are what I should have gotten..... I spent $300 on my kit..... that also included a pull handle for my shaved trunk as well.

Not sure if its true or not...but I was told that if the door handles have been removed(shaved) they wont allow you to run it down the drag strip. Not sure if its correct but that is what my friend was told.

Rick

-
Back