she turns!

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
welll ive put about 1000 miles on my car since i rebuilt the front end. i have been driving her to work and back, being nice to her. well i was minding my own business cruising down the freeway yesterday doing about 65. i dunno for sure my speedometer is off. well anyways. this 70s nova goes blowin by me with the back end all jacked up in the air with big tires stuffed under the back and long shackles. so of course i try to keep up, but my little 6 doesnt move too fast. i kept up for a while with my speedo buried past 100. (remember, it doesnt read accurate. i think its off by about 20 mph) then i get to my exit, and hes taking it too. its a big sweeper. i see him gettin on the brakes and figured that thing probably doesnt handle very well. so i just stay on it and go right around the outside of him. boy did that feel good. my car might not be fast in a straight line, but i bet he felt dumb not being able to make a turn. a little further down the road we were sitting next to each other at a light and he wouldnt even look over. well thats my pointless story.

Glad you had a good experience,
And put a smooth move on him! and his nova.:D

Sway bares sure can be sweet and soft in the right conditions.
Good tire's and smooth driver's.:glasses8:
It could have been bad if the chebby
threw a U-joint and fell into your lane.:eek:ops:

The tower of power is a great engine and it has a simple job.8-)

Like I always say keep it neat on the streets and fast at the track.

He kinda got the upper hand by flying by you.....caught you off guard. The nova probably doesn't even know what you have under the hood.........so the next time you see it in front of you, take off (safely) past him.....catch him off guard and keep him wondering.......It'll be your secret.....By the way, the nova may be just 'strutting' around with big tires as a show off and doesn't have anything to back it.........that's why he flew by you.......rather unfair.
You'll get him next time.
Good luck .....nova hunting.
Greg.......mtn_jake

-
Back