SHEEP TAG !!!! I got one!!!

-

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
I drew a once life time tag!!! Got a Bighorn Sheep tag for area 3 which is southwest of Cody,Wyoming.About 3-4 hour away. I AM JUST WILD!!! :cheers: Been applying since 1992. I need a ram on the wall.
Haven't called my wife to tell her the good news, that I'll be gone the month of September in grizzly country. I should have a new gun for this don't you think???:toothy10:

My hubbie says "sweet - they're hard to come by". He thinks he needs a new gun every time he hunts new game, so we got a mule deer rifle, white tail rifle, prong horn rifle, elk rifle, caribou rifle, etc...

have fun, and if your wife is anything like me, she enjoys the "vacation"...

Congratulations! My buddy got a tag two years ago but I've never. He said it was a really tough hunt but he ended up with a nice sheep. And as far as the rifle..... I'm pretty sure it calls for a new, special stick!!! (Preferably a light one!)

Congrad's wyoduster.:tongue9: :thumbrig:
Don't forget about some good foot wear.
And a new gun is a must have for this hunt.:-D
let us know what your choice of fire arm would be.
and scope too!!

You must be living right :cheers:

Wyo,

How a bout .300 Win Mag in stainless steel with a synthetic stock?

Congrat's on getting drawn. It is one of the rarer draws. And yes, You definitly need a new rifle. You can justify it by saying your going to be in Grizzly country for an extended period of time.

Jack

Yes I am excited.. I guess I'll need to find a couple horses to use just to get me up there. After elk hunting all these years I believe I've pretty much got the gear I need.
Wife didn't sound very excited last night....But of course she just sees the dollar signs.Shes the same way when I talk "need another car"...
I've shot everything elk,deer,antelope and moose with my trusty 280,Hate not to take it. But I should have a new one along huh?And my Bow will stay here this trip.Which opens September 1st, goning to be warm I'm thinking.
I asked my brother to go with me,He lives in Penna. I've had him up elk hunting and here for antelope and mule deer a few times. But I don't think he'll make it out this year.So I'll probaly do the hunt alone.Just me,my gun and pepper spray.(so at least that grizz will have some flavor in his meal)

I used to live just outside Cody WY., so throw the Duece up when you roll through for me.

Check out Rattler Mountain, I remember seeing a HUGE herd of Sheep up there back in 1988!!

Don't Spook them, IIRC those are the sheep that will commit suicide and jump off a Cliff if rounded up and cornered :toothy10:.

Good Luck, be Safe!

I used to live just outside Cody WY., so throw the Duece up when you roll through for me.

Check out Rattler Mountain, I remember seeing a HUGE herd of Sheep up there back in 1988!!

Don't Spook them, IIRC those are the sheep that will commit suicide and jump off a Cliff if rounded up and cornered :toothy10:.

Good Luck, be Safe!
Just got maps today an another case of Wiser's 18 yr. whiskey I'm almost ready ....at least for the pre hunt.... My buddy will be here this weekend to fill me in on "THE SPOTS" So I'll be informed anyway.. Now just need a partner to watch my back on the hunt. :toothy10:

Cody is a nice town. If you get a chance, go to the firearms museum, it's HUGE!!!!!! You will drool until you're dehydrated. There are so many guns from the earliest match locks on up to the present. And they have a real nice trophy room with all kinds of mounts.

Yea I've been to Cody many times... it only 3 hours away.
MY PROBLEM: I'm a bit stressed about weather or not to get a guide.You know if I don't ,I hunt alone which is a no no in grizzly country on horse back which I'd have to rent horses as I've long sold mine.and a trailer.... Then also the loss of work which is what pays the bills.... The outfitter i talked to said in 3-5 days we'd more than likely have a sheep. where if I do it alone I have no idea where to start. Yes theres always luck and all but I REALLY JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. Any thoughts????

-
Back