sheet metal cut, weld in .

-

superlite

Reaction score
How would you guys make this cut and weld in ? I found a place by me and they want to sell the whole piece, they want to cut it from pillar to pillar and then cut it a little lower on the firewall. Thay wont sell me just a piece, i can understand . Opinions greatly appreciated. Patrick

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Its just a little rot out in the window channel you can see in the pic. I would hate to try and weld that whole piece in , maybe cut a piece to fit just in the channel and weld it on the edge. Anyways i want to find a piece thats formed like the channel. Patrick

Is the rest of the cowl and channel solid? If it is then I would just weld in a patch. I would use 18 ga. sheet metal or even a piece of sheet metal from a donor car. If you don't have a welder then call a buddy and buy him a 12 pack for fixing it for you.

Is the rest of the cowl and channel solid? If it is then I would just weld in a patch. I would use 18 ga. sheet metal or even a piece of sheet metal from a donor car. If you don't have a welder then call a buddy and buy him a 12 pack for fixing it for you.
Im trying to find a piece of sheet metal from a donor car, the place up here by me want to sell the whole piece, i would hate to buy that whole piece and cut what i need, if i could find a piece that with the bend in it would be the way to go .

I would buy the donor piece, cut what pieces of it you need. Trace the donor pieces onto the rusted ones and R&R them (Remove/Replace).

Easier solution and a better fit probably than making your own pieces. Gotta remove the dash,column, and wiring first........probably find more rust issues down there

I have a complete cowl and would cut out what you want. Looks like a Duster/Dart Sport

PM me if you want to get it.

How much are they charging for the complete cowl?

I have a complete cowl and would cut out what you want. Looks like a Duster/Dart Sport

PM me if you want to get it.

How much are they charging for the complete cowl?
Crackedback i sent you a pm.

-
Back