Sheet metal Help

-

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
I could use some help. I am in the middle of installing the Trunk dropdowns on my 1969 Dart convertible. Since I cannot find any steetmetal guide for that car(do any of you have one?). Does anybody know(or can they look at their own car) if the trunk floor and the drop downs are flush or are the drop downs lower than the trunk floor pan? Thanks in advance...

Your best bet is it put the quarter panels in place, just like they would be installed, and make a cardboard template for them as I did in my build. Link below.

Good job for making them.

I could use some help. I am in the middle of installing the Trunk dropdowns on my 1969 Dart convertible. Since I cannot find any steetmetal guide for that car(do any of you have one?). Does anybody know(or can they look at their own car) if the trunk floor and the drop downs are flush or are the drop downs lower than the trunk floor pan? Thanks in advance...

I am a bit confused about what you are asking. If you are talking about the trunk pan to the quarter panel the yes there is a drop down.

attachment.php

Me too. Are you asking about were the floor of the trunk meets the extensions or were they drop down to the inside of the quarter panel. My trunk floor in the barracuda is flat all the way across from left to right and the drop down in the above picture rests inside of the bottom of the quarter panel if this helps if not i can take some picture tonight when i get home

Thanks all, I was concerned about where the floor pan(trunk) meets the drop off(floor extensions) Are they Level with each other or is the extension slightly lower 1/8" ? If anybody has a 1969 dart can you look at yours an pass it on to me.?

Depends on where it was built or when it was built.The actual target was for all to be the same height,but the more you look at you will notice it didn't always happen that way.I have a 67 Dart GT one side up other even.68 Cuda both sides low.They were factory built and had a tolerance.Both cars are factory and no body work.

-
Back