she's here!

-
A '68 Red fastback... that car is beautiful, and the interior is mint. I'd clean it, and drive it.

Grant

A '68 Red fastback... that car is beautiful, and the interior is mint. I'd clean it, and drive it.

Grant

thanks for the comments gang, always appreciated. The interior is a tad rougher than the pics show. Will post some pics after the weekend. I need to have a good lookee see at her. She needs a few things done mechanically. Flex lines, motor/trans mounts are California baked. Got to pull the wheels off etc. etc. runs a tad rough, but starts like a dream. only rust is in the spare wheel well. The trunk seal is baked. I suppose its leaking in from there. Still rock solid in there though.
Oh did I tell ya's, I got rid of it already? Yeap! Not by choice mind you! Wife has laid claim to it! go figure! She laid into me for leaving her car under the trees where, of course, some birds crapped on it!
:munky2:

thanks for the comments gang, always appreciated. The interior is a tad rougher than the pics show. Will post some pics after the weekend. I need to have a good lookee see at her. She needs a few things done mechanically. Flex lines, motor/trans mounts are California baked. Got to pull the wheels off etc. etc. runs a tad rough, but starts like a dream. only rust is in the spare wheel well. The trunk seal is baked. I suppose its leaking in from there. Still rock solid in there though.
Oh did I tell ya's, I got rid of it already? Yeap! Not by choice mind you! Wife has laid claim to it! go figure! She laid into me for leaving her car under the trees where, of course, some birds crapped on it!

Hi Plumcrazy. Congrats on your score- a nice ride. That one I also looked at in California and passed on back last year. Craigslist posting then. If interested, search for my thread, "Got a line on a '68 fastback and need some pricing advice pronto!". I had it looked at at a nearby mechanics shop for possible buy- probably have the estimate still around. Very nice body, very little rust- but the suspension rubber pretty well shot. I had it tuned up- for you, as it turned out. Hope you and your wife have fun with her.

Mike

Excellent find! Hope you keep it original. This one is a real survivor. I see you even have the original license plates.

Excellent starting point. She will clean up nice and you should be on the road in no time!

A great find! Let us know your progress please.

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Hi Plumcrazy. Congrats on your score- a nice ride. That one I also looked at in California and passed on back last year. Craigslist posting then. If interested, search for my thread, "Got a line on a '68 fastback and need some pricing advice pronto!". I had it looked at at a nearby mechanics shop for possible buy- probably have the estimate still around. Very nice body, very little rust- but the suspension rubber pretty well shot. I had it tuned up- for you, as it turned out. Hope you and your wife have fun with her.

Mike[/QUOTE]

nice ragtop Mike! post some pics please. Thx for pre-checking out my 68 for me! thats what friends are for. if you ever need a canadian rust bucket, let me know, i can find you some good ones. nice to see fabo members getting around.

:-D

no new pics yet. haven't had time. cleaned the trunk up somewhat. did get under it though. dirty,cobwebby,etc, but solid! tanks got a couple of leaks. undercoating in good shape. will get pics soon.

-
Back