She's home!

-

Harrison

Reaction score
This weekend was finally the time we took the trip to get my car from NC.

Left early Friday morning to go rent an F-150 for towing that we had on hold at a rental place in Greenville. We call them about 7AM, and they say that the truck is there waiting for us. We get there and take a look around the lot, and there's not a single pickup truck there.

We go inside and end up having to wait for two hours because the guy working is sloooooooow. We talk to him, he confirms that they don't have an F-150 for us. He offers us a cargo van with a "towing package", and he'll cut us a deal on it. We follow him outside to see the van, and he points it out to us. Not only does it have their banner on the side, it doesn't even have a towing package!

We point this out to him, and he offers us an even bigger van, a cargo van that wouldn't be covered by our insurance. Dad's mad because of that and the fact that it'd be extremely bad on gas mileage. I've been looking around and spot a new Explorer hidden behind the building and ask about it. Apparently this guy is tired of us as he gives us the Explorer with a huge discount, though it ends up being offset when we find out that their "towing package" is just a receiver and we have to go down the road to buy a ball for it.

We finally get on the road around 11, and make it to my mom's house about 4. Loading the car onto the trailer ends up a little difficult as the driver's front tire has locked up, but we finally get it on and strapped down.

Saturday we start the drive back to SC. Other than a few idiots on the road not using their signals and braking at the last second (twice, once in the rain) and cutting us off on the interstate, the ride back is uneventful.

We get her home and unload her, where she currently sits waiting for it to cool down enough to go out there and try to free up the tire. There's a shed that's going to be used solely for working on her. Should be fun.

100_4605.jpg

100_4612.jpg

100_4617.jpg

100_4618.jpg

100_4619.jpg

100_4620.jpg

cool. glad you got back home safe. I'll never pull another car trailer with out trailer brakes. Certainly not on the interstate.

Congratulations Harrison, I bet you are so glad to get your Dart home :cheers:
That Dart sure looks like it's in great condition :happy10:
Enjoy, and keep us updated :happy10:

Lookin real good Harrison! Glad to hear another young gun has a car, And its a "more door! Too cool.

Congrats on gettin her home. Some people just dont know how to drive.

Thanks all.

The body is in pretty good shape, but there's rust in the usual places. The whole floorboard is shot though, and has to be replaced.

Just came in from gutting the driver's front brake and pushing it to the shed. Need to finish flooring the shed before I can really start doing anything though.

Towing is always fun. Glad you made it home safely.

-
Back