Shift arm retainer clips

-

Private Idaho

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone school me on how to install and remove the retainer clips on the A833 shift rods?
Is there any reason I shouldn't just use cotter pins instead?
Thanks,
P.I.

Use your tool of choice and push on the pin or wire that goes thru the hole. To remove, same wire, pull or push it.

the retainer clips, and washers keep constant pressure on the rods which = no rattle

Oh, I agree, I was just being a SA. I have seen nails used on 4-speed shift linkages, though.

On removing the OEM clips, I don't push on the part of the pin that goes through the hole. Instead, I insert a narrow screwdriver behind the largest round part and past the side of the shift lever, then just pry. Comes right off.

Oh, I agree, I was just being a SA. I have seen nails used on 4-speed shift linkages, though.

On removing the OEM clips, I don't push on the part of the pin that goes through the hole. Instead, I insert a narrow screwdriver behind the largest round part and past the side of the shift lever, then just pry. Comes right off.
hold your finger on that round part as you pry, will save a lot of searching later

-
Back