shift forks

-

twayne24365

Reaction score
hey guys, new to the 4 speed stuff but working on getting things together to stuff the 833 behind my 383, got this trans from a member and it's very clean.
I bought a rebuild kit and new synchros to start, but my question is, is there a measurement or spec for the wear on brass shift forks? they look good I just want to make sure everything is right. thanks
8869.jpeg
8874.jpeg
8875.jpeg

Hey, Twayne, first of all I just went through this working on my kids a833, my book said to " inspect for wear", I didn't have forks come with mine, but did have some spares at the shop, two were obviously worn, you could feel the wear marks with your fingers the other two I had looked just fine so again according to the manual I had it suggested a visual inspection of the sides once you pull them out, also not to hi-jack your thread here but I am wondering what the inside of your shift cover looks like?, my trans has the same style of reverse lever as yours has and I am trying to figure out what cover to use as there are several different styles of covers depending on the style of reverse lever, could you post me a picture or even pm it if you dont want it on your thread, thanks

I have used the early cover and the later interlock lever cover on the same trans. without changing the reverse lever

Ok thanks Marcohotrod, again I don't want to hi-jack this thread if you look at my thread " are these interchangeable" ( same section ) there is a picture of the one in question which is from a later model Dodge truck it has a third arm hanging down but that is another change they made to the interlock I believe and that one I do not think I can use AJ had a good idea to re-use the one I had

hey guys, new to the 4 speed stuff but working on getting things together to stuff the 833 behind my 383, got this trans from a member and it's very clean.
I bought a rebuild kit and new synchros to start, but my question is, is there a measurement or spec for the wear on brass shift forks? they look good I just want to make sure everything is right. thanks
View attachment 1714998094 View attachment 1714998095 View attachment 1714998096
4th gear looks toast, 3rd is harder to see but looks bad also. The outer syncro sleeve for 3/4 will likely need replaced also.

-
Back