Shift linkage bushings

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
So does anybody have a good source for the bushings for the factory column shift linkage bushings? I thought I had a good one but the tabs are broke that hold it in and it wants to work its way out. I've seen them a few places but $20 each? Is there a knockoff "help" brand replacement or something? I kind of want to add a floor shifter anyway, at $20 each I'd be well on my way to a lower priced B&M LOL!

Actually I just had another idea. Could I put it in from the other side so when it works out it will run into the lever? Maybe stack some washers so it can't move very far.

This is on the transmission end, the side on the frame rail has a clip on the end and keeps everything together good.

Good thing is I'm getting close to firing this thing up for the first time. I need a different alternator/waterpump belt, need to install the cooler lines, the inspection cover bolts, put the driveshaft in, and fix this linkage.

Before driving needs brakes bled and then alignment. Everything has been apart and rebuilt by me except the rear axle so wish me luck I did everything right! I am pretty nervous, and will wait for a full day off work to start it so I can go over everything and not be rushed.

-
Back